Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #8101 (permalink)
Evan Stays TRIPPY
Still the GOAT

Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Watched The Undertaker vs Kurt Angle from September 2003 last night....

LOVED the emphasis on striking vs technical wrestling, those counters from strikes turning into fireman's carries/pinning combinations were a thing of beauty. Taker just decides "fuck it" and matches Angle's technical prowess in perhaps some of his greatest technical exchanges ever. They really put across the fact that if Taker connects with a strike, he'll absolutely KILL Angle, and Angle does a brilliant job of putting Taker's strikes over.

The whole "reverse all of Taker's finishers/moves into the Angle lock" sequences are pure gold and I think they're executed to near perfection (perfection would be the NWO 06 match). Taker's submissions seem insanely credible, and the POP for the fujiwara armbar is insane for what would be considered by the casual fan as a basic submission. I can't gush on about this match enough, one of the best television matches that I've ever seen for sure.

If you can, watch this match with the pre match interviews included, as they help contribute to the story..Like ALOT. How both are adamant about matching the others style, the passion...Actually, don't watch this WITHOUT the pre match interviews. This match kicks ass, and although I'm not as in love with this as Cal is, I believe that it deserved to be higher than 57 on the top 100 list (and it will be higher on my revision of the list ) . Seriousy, don't know how HBK-Flair is ranked higher, even if it DOES have

**** 1/2 (AWSUM)

"He's not the biggest. He was never the strongest. He was never the fastest. He was overlooked. He went in the sixth round. So with that being said, all of the intangibles that a quarterback is supposed to have, they overlooked it with him because it was burning from inside of him" - Ray Lewis on Tom Brady