Wrestling Forum banner

This is why the WWE stinks in 2012: last minute changes by Vince

5K views 41 replies 36 participants last post by  4everEyebrowRaisin 
#1 · (Edited)
i copied this of rajah.com:

"The finish of CM Punk's WWE title match against Ryback at Hell in a Cell, with referee Brad Maddox 'screwing' Ryback out of his win, was decided upon by Vince McMahon at the last minute."

way to go thinking things through there vince. no wonder your product sucks. i guess it's the lame crowds fault the ppv sucked. sure. nothing to do with the fact you make major decision last minute on a complete whim of a sixty something year old man who's lost all touch.

#15 ·
I don't think the booking was done to appease smarks. Putting them in the ring together for the title at this point was a bad idea because neither guy could lose clean. They didn't want to take the belt off Punk and having Ryback lose clean would have really hurt him. They booked themselves into a bad position where a screw job ending was the only option they were left with.

#13 ·
If this is true, I wonder if the original plan was for Ryback to win the WWE Title?

Meh, the ending itself was good.

#20 ·
I too recollect reading a report that Trips wanted CM Punk to retain the title negatively building as a heel losing it to the Rock from whom Ryback/Cena can win it back based on then situation as to whose bigger while Mcmahon was high on Ryback winning it building up the monster, getting off stage and stripped off the title with Rock winning it like Flair.

All this can and most likely will be pure imagination of the website content creator for nobody except those two can comment on what they wanted.

#21 ·
It amazes me that an giant corporate entertainment company worth hundreds of millions of dollars can put a show on pay-per-view and the outcome of a storyline with its main character can be changed on a whim the day of the show by a single person.

This is not just specific to this report, which may or may not be true, but in general, it is as good as a fact that Vince can and has changed the end of main-events on the day, and even while the show is happening.

#23 ·
1. Don't believe everything you read. For all we know the last minute change was to have the ref low blow Ryback rather than hitting him with a chair or something.

2. Last minute changes happen all the time and have happened in the past (including the 90s).

3. This was a difficult match for them to book, it's understandable that making a decision wouldn't be easy.

4. If you think about it for a minute, this was the best decision to make and it worked out fine as it provided an interesting and exciting piece of storytelling to finish the PPV.

But obviously you have a better idea, so please tell us what your great idea is.

#25 ·
You know I thought that PPV was pretty iffy based on nearly all matches were sloppy.

Ryback losing, no matter how he redeemed himself after the match, really hurt his character going forward.

I just have a feeling that Maddox low blowing Ryback won't ever get explained just as last year's HIAC had "someone raising the cage", which we never got a reason for / person to blame.

#26 ·
Funny thing, in today's awareness of wrestling..... does a loss really matter anymore? Look at Del Rio... loses a million times, still booked in upper mid or main event matches.

#32 ·
Last minute changes and booking isn't something new exclusive to 2012.

It's always been said that Vince has been changing things planned about right up until the go on air. He works better under-pressure or something. WWE rarely long term book and that's been going on for quite some time.

#33 ·
Why are people so gullible to dirt sheets? Just about anyone could say that HIAC was a last minute decision.

Do you really think Maddox would of taken that bump off the cell without rehearsal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.