Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #1291 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Olympus
Old School

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkSE316 View Post
So badass man, haha, it's so awesome bro.

Oh, and to the point about Hip Hop being saved..sure, Hip Hop isn't dead but Rock music wasn't dead in the late 80's/early 90's but it still had shit music but then came along Nirvana. Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz etc. they are almost like Hip Hop's version of Motley Crue and Poison in terms of well, how can anyone, that being the everyday person relate to 2 Chainz? How can they relate to Lil Wayne? They can't.

Adam Sandlers movies that he produced made a ton at the Box Office but it doesn't mean that they were good or great movies, they were terrible. It's the same with Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz etc.
But not everyone can relate to J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Nas, 2pac, Wu-Tang, etc. It's not about relating to the most people or rappers would talk about taxes, dickhead bosses, car payments, etc. 2pac's my favorite rapper of all time, but I can't relate to a lot of the shit he raps about. Same with L. Not sure how many people can relate to snuffing Jesus.

Above all, rap is entertainment. Some call it art. Some call it poetry. I'd agree at times, but in the grand scheme of things it's entertainment and like it or not Wayne, 2 Chainz, Nicki, Ross, and the like are great entertainers. That's why people latch on...also because they're retarded but hey.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome