Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - How can WWE recreate and reinvent itself so as to create the next biggest boom?
View Single Post
post #57 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 05:03 AM
Elijah89
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: How can WWE recreate and reinvent itself so as to create the next biggest boom?

Kayfabe.

Stuff like the Summer of X-Pac MEV in 2011 needs to happen very sparingly. Worked shoots tend to get old very fast. Once everyone starts shooting, the whole thing loses it's meaning. There will be no more shock factor in those types of feuds/promos.

I know this sounds weird, but wrestling is at it's worst or least sustainable when it is trying to be too realistic. Even if the WWE executed the Summer of X-Pac MEV correctly it would have never been sustainable past Survivor Series 2011. He has been champion for a while now,he has nothing left to bitch and moan about.

The only worked shoot in wrestling that has ever worked in the long run was the Montreal Screwjob. Greates work of all time in my opinion.

Wrestling needs to return to it's kayfabe roots. Something similar to the 80s and early 90s. It will make the wrestlers larger than life again and more mysterious. It is the reason why Taker and Cena are so over. They kayfabe most of the time. Never out of character. It actually keeps them interesting. Even in a cynical society. I love how the video they showed on this week's Raw showed Cena inviting AJ onto the elevator, and even after the show was over Cena was in a hotel and restaurant in his wrestling gear.

Kayfabe. Kayfabe. Kayfabe. Guys like Gorilla Monsoon, Jim Cornette, and Stu Hart knew what the hell they were talking about. It is time to put Pandora back in the box.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome