Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #8065 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Lesnar isn't a bad shout tbf, even if you discount the Cena series he's got the Mysterio and Benoit Smackdown matches as well as the really good Judgement Day match vs Big Show. Couple of really outrageous heel performances against Spanky and Gowen in the build up to Summerslam as well. Truth be told I'm not terribly high on the Angle series, I'd call them better than your average Angle match but they're a long mile away from his best matches against Austin, Taker and Mysterio.

Aye Danielson really was just about the only guy that came to mind when I tried to think of best US wrestler. Homicide and Corino I've seen nothing of from that timeframe, though I hear good reports from Jawbreaker and others about their series. Think its the Best Friends, Stiffer Enemies match which gets a ton of praise.

Joe was someone I considered but aside from the awesome Jay Briscoe cage match (you seen that btw? awesome sub 15 minute title match) I couldn't think of many matches from 03 of his I've seen and enjoyed immensely.

Rotten/Hero is probably the most overlooked match from 2002, and I really want to watch that other Rotten match Andy wrote about for the poll which he said was better than Hero/Rotten. Think its on a Schneider Comp if memory serves me right.

Yeah Ishikawa stood out from some of the Otsuka and Ikeda matches I've seen from 98/99, seems like wrestling as a whole was pretty subdued in those years.