Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #8056 (permalink)
TaylorFitz
Will Always be a Snit Head

TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
If Lesnar had won it's a 5* match for me. That may sound petty but I don't care lol. I'm a huge Cena mark but fuck did that ending ever piss me off. I'm just happy that it hasn't been able to ruin the rest of the match for me and what a match it is. Something truly special and rare in todays WWE. Brock's physical presence is just on another level all together. It can't be said enough how legit scary this dude is. When he walked past me at Raw I was just blown away. He's HUGE. Ryback can suck a dick compared to Lesnar lol.
I was honestly happy that Cena ended up winning that match. I wasn't rooting for him at first but as the beating wore on I honestly started to get behind him in the match. That was really something special, can't believe we saw a match like that in WWE.

Hell in a Cell 2012

Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio w/Ricardo Rodriguez

While it's not the best booking philosophy putting two upper car guys in a random match against each other because they have nothing planned for either guy does make for some really good matches. This was pretty awesome with Del Rio working Orton's arm for most of the match and Orton sold it really well of course. There were a few bad looking spots in the match, Del Rio really shouldn't be going to the top rope very often, but other than those moments this went really well. THe ending came out of nowhere but I thought it worked since both guys have big moves that they can hit out of nowhere. These guys have great chemistry together and when one of them gets the title back I would love to see a longer match between the two.
***1/4

WWE Tag Team Championship Match:
Daniel Bryan and Kane(c) vs. Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow

The show continues with another really good match. Kane and Bryan have their dynamic down perfectly and it worked well with the compatible Rhodes and Sandow. When Bryan gets some offense going and you see the angry face he's incredible. Despite being the smallest guy in the ring he is able to look like a total badass at times. I was a huge fan of the ending but at least we'll see another match from the teams again. I would imagine that all this tag team stuff is being done to set up a big TLC match at TLC and the road there should be fun.

Intercontinental Championship Match:

The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston(c)

I wasn't really into this at all until Miz attacked the leg of Kofi. At that point the intensity really picked up as we saw a mean streak from the Miz and an underdog performance from Kofi. It still falls into the category of good that both guys seem to have all the time but it didn't get into great territory. I wish they had just gone to the leg work much earlier but this still worked fiarly well I guess.
**3/4

United States Championship Match:

Antonio Caesero(c) vs. Justin Gabriel

This could have been incredible I think if they hadn't been so concerned with making Antonio look strong. The guy has an amazing ability to work well with smaller high fliers so on paper Gabriel seems like the perfect guy to go against him. I know they've had better matches than this one as well. My biggest problem is that I never really felt that Gabriel had a chance to win, which is a problem when you have an underdog in the match like him. There was a lot of cool stuff that they did but I just wished they hadn't been so concerned with making the champion look dominant.
**1/4

The Prime Time Players vs. Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara

This was actually a lot better than it I thought it would be. PTP were willing to sell for the smaller guys and the way they were able to use their strength on them made created a good dynamic. Sin Cara was actually really good at getting isolated before making the hot tag. He didn't botch anything and sold well. Things picked up when Rey got the hot tag. This wasn't anything special but I don't have the highest opinion of anyone in this match but Rey so the fact that they were able to pull it off is impressive.
**1/2

World Heavyweight Championship Match:

Sheamus(c) vs. The Big Show

Wait this isn't taking place inside the cell? That one complaint aside this was incredible. I didn't even want to watch it at first but I'm glad that I did. The story of the match early on was that Sheamus was in the ring with someone that able to man handle him for a change. The Big Show's control segment early on was pretty good (fucking brutal chops) but it wasn't until Sheamus stared showing som life that this really kicked it into the next gear. I was on the edge of my seat near the end because I got to the point where I really didn't know who was going to win, and I was about as sure as you could be before the match that I knew who was going to win. Both guys made each other look stronger than before the match. I can't wait to see a re-match. This is the best match from Big Show that I've seen in years.

Divas Championship:

Eve(c) vs. Layla vs. Caitlynn

Last move of the match aside they executed everything pretty well. This was watchable at least as they kept it short, did some cool moves, and kept the match moving. Bad spot on the card and a dead crowd but the later can be expected.
*1/2

Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Champinship:

CM Punk(c) w/Paul Heyman vs. Ryback

This is why you should book yourself into a corner like this. I'll admit the ending took me by surprise but that's not how I want a PPV to end. The match was good for he time it lasted. Early on it was all about the question, "How the hell is Punk going to pull this off?" He played a good role of a scared heel and Heyman really added to that. Still this was the main event of a PPV and it lasted maybe 10 minutes.Post match stuff was awesome but when the ref takes the biggest bump of the match I have a problem with things. If this happened on Raw I would say it was a great TV main event, on a PPV not so much.
**3/4

Overall this was a decent show. Big Show/Sheamus was great and really saved this. The undercard gave you some good matches but I feel like this could hae been a lot better.