Wrestling Forum banner

Sheamus has to be one of the best workers in the WWE

13K views 117 replies 82 participants last post by  Turtlesauce 
#1 ·
At least top ten. After watching HIAC, I was pretty surprised Sheamus pulled an enjoyable match out of the Big Show of all people, and made show look like a million bucks. Sheamus has proven now he can work a good match with just about ANYBODY from great wrestlers like DB all the way to wrestlers with little to no mobility like Henry and Show.

Anybody agree? :)

#46 ·
I'd take a Sheamus match over a CM Punk match 100% of the time.

Sheamus can also work with a wider range of guys and make it look "good" than just about anyone else in the main event. Not only can he physically dominate guys smaller than himself, he's great at appearing equal to an opponent of similar stature (ie Wade) AND he can take a beating from a super heavyweight. The guy is easily Wrestler of the Year from an in ring standpoint in the WWE.

Sheamus also has the advantage of not coasting during his matches like Cena does constantly and Orton has done fairly often of late. Ziggler is FINALLY developing some consistent offense (his Ryback squash notwithstanding), but he's still largely a bump machine. Bryan doesn't show enough range during most of his matches, but he's still the other guy who gets featured to any degree who could be "better" than Sheamus in the ring. Mysterio is a one-legged shell of his former self who's the most repetitive performer on the roster these days.

#2 ·
Yeah. As much as I despise Sheamus's charactor, he can put on a good match with just about anyone. I used to be one of those who thought he was only getting "carried" by the likes of Daniel Bryan and even questioned his endurance, but I'm changing my tune now. He has an impressive moveset and well we saw his spot against big show so his strength can't be called into question either.

#9 ·
Not only Sheamus, but Big Show is also vastly underrated. Last night both proved a lot of people wrong, the last 5 minutes of the match were amazing.

Reactions: swagger_ROCKS
#10 ·
Sheamus has always been amazing against big guys. He is willing to work stiff. Sheamus in ring skills are great and he reminded me why I used to like him last night. My problem is that he is another version of cena. They need to make more of a badass warrior and stop with all the lame jokes all the time.

#13 ·
Yeah this is the main problem why Sheamus is so infamous. Every face nowadays has to be a cookie cutter type of character, all smiles and jokes. That's why I enjoy Ryback so much, he doesn't do any of this.

#16 ·
Sheamus is a great worker, I just can't stand his character. I guess I am to Sheamus as Nostalgia is to Daniel Bryan. We respect their skills, but we still heavily dislike them.

Reactions: Chismo
#111 ·
Sheamus' move-set screams "Heel"
The fake smiles and forced babyface experiment has obviously failed.

He's beaten EVERYBODY bar Cena clean.

Back on topic. I like his matches. Brawling and the power-moves make him gassed early and nerds over internet say he needs to work on his cardio!

Sheamus is throwing people around. You'd be knackered after that also. Lesner used to be the same.
Ryback is exhausted after 4 moves.
Goldberg got exhausted also with his power move-set.

Sheamus' can wrestle. His problem currently is the pacing of his matches.
Once he knows his limits he'll be one of the top 5 wrestlers in the company without question.
Have a look on wiki about how diverse his move-set is.

#118 ·
Sheamus' can wrestle. His problem currently is the pacing of his matches.
Once he knows his limits he'll be one of the top 5 wrestlers in the company without question.
This man speaks truth.

#5 ·
The problem with Sheamus is how he's used, as opposed to his actual talent. The guy kills it in the ring. He has charisma, and his mic skills can be good (I thought the promo he cut on Smackdown was the best promo of the week). Unfortunately, they go too heavy on the corny jokes most of the time, so yes, they've Cena-ized him too much as a character. I'd still rather be stuck with Sheamus than Cena, as I find Sheamus more believable as a guy who can take a beating and keep going.

#6 · (Edited)
Any chance Sheamus gets and he will wrestle, he appears on both Smackdown and Raw every week, you don't see the likes of CM Punk doing that do we? That is probably why Raw is seen as the better show because both Smackdown and Raw roster compete, if the same happened on smackdown I would say they'd be even.

Sheamus is below par on the mic (bar last week on Smackdown), if he showed a bit more seriousness like he did then I am sure more fans would like him more. Can't wait to see what WWE has in store for the great white over the coming months.

I think that Sheamus was suppose to win at HIAC but WWE creative team have realised they don't need another cena and have brought him back in line marginally with the rest of the roster. Would love to see him go after Punk after the next feud is put to bed.

#8 ·
Um... wat.

I was thinking the exact opposite in fact. He's completely mediocre both in the ring and on the mic. Yes the match with Big Show was alright but both Big Show and Seamus are alright workers, so they did about what I expected, nothing more. I'm just glad he's dropped the title now.

#42 ·
He's completely mediocre both in the ring and on the mic. Yes the match with Big Show was alright but both Big Show and Seamus are alright workers, so they did about what I expected, nothing more.
Exactly, that's why the match was good.

Sheamus is an average at best ring worker, nowhere near "great" or "amazing". His title reign has proven just how limited he is as a performer. Granted, he has participated in some quality matches this year, but that's only because he needs to be carried by a top/superior worker in order to do so. One of the best workers in WWE today? He's not even in the top 10...

#24 ·
Punk
Bryan
Ziggler
ADR
Orton
Cena
Christian
(Regal
Taker
Triple H)

Top 3, huh?

Sheamus is probably the best brawler in the company right now, but I think people are getting a little carried away. He's a good big man. Despite the awful character, he's very capable in his current role. Not some amazing worker though.

#33 ·
Always thought Sheamus' a solid in ring worker.

Have been a fan of him for long time now. How I wish he was given time to have an actual match with Daniel Bryan at this past Mania.

What I detest about him is exactly what most people despise him for. The lame corny jokes. He's decent on the mic, too.

#37 ·
Well I haven't seen the match because I skip every segment of shameus or big show these days. However I never thought Shameus' inring work is bad, it's just the way his character is booked. Fucking smiling around and beating anyone like he is some supercena version 2. That shit is what really bothers me the most.

His inring work isn't his weakness, he is actually pretty decent enough to get a good match.

#41 ·
Won't lie Cena is pro in the ring, and definitely a general at times, but his body is severely broken down from when he first started. What surprised me most about Sheamus in that match is that he wears down easily and very late in the match he was able to pick up the big show and deliver a solid white noise, and then still continue working the match very well until the end. That's when I threw my "LEGIT" stamp @ the big screen. :lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.