Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Classic Jobbers: Jim Powers

View Single Post

Old 10-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Greenlawler
Old School, cause I'm an old fool....

Greenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Classic Jobbers: Jim Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Zybyszko View Post
Yeah I agree that his height was fudged by the PR dept. I have been close enough to Paul Roma to notice that I was a bit taller. I'm 5'10" on a good day.

I also agree that Powers would likely have been a small territory or indy champ with his look and overall abilities.

My answer to what constitutes a "classic jobber" are guys who lost 90% or more of their matches in a big promotions and most of the time they lose clean. WCW, AWA, and WWE would be the qualified companies for the jobber label to stick. Lesser companies, and NWA territories that were small compared to JCP are not applicable here in regards to how I am defining a jobber.

I should note that I have three levels of jobber in my view:

1) Squash Jobber - never wins, loses to credible jobbers, and mount no offense.
2) Credible Jobber - beat squash jobbers, but virtually never beat anyone lower mid card on up. they get to mount some offense even against main eventers.
3) Jobber To The Stars - usually an aged star, still beats lower level jobber types, but almost always loses to midcard on up.

Jim Powers would be a Credible Jobber according to my scale.
Very good, I like your scale. Looking forward to further posts.
Greenlawler is offline   Reply With Quote