• Other

Votes: 68 19.2%

Poll - Obama (D) vs Romney (R) - Vote

90K views 2K replies 207 participants last post by  JenksIX 
#1 · (Edited)
Obama (D) Gets my vote

See less See more
#1,413 ·
Oh and I guess it's time to edit my sig. Obama won, and I was wrong about my prediction and I'm big enough to admit it. The polls were right.

Congratulations to Barack Obama on winning re-election.

#1,415 · (Edited)
thats what we need more of bro now lets move on too talking out fiscal cliff as it looms.

House Speaker John Boehner hinted at the possibility of a compromise if the president agreed to tax reform.

Mr Boehner, who negotiated with Mr Obama over a so-called "grand bargain" of spending cuts and new revenues in 2011, said he would accept new revenue-raising as part of a tax reform deal.

Time is tight: Bush-era tax cuts are due to expire at the end of 2012, and automatic, mandatory across-the-board cuts to military and domestic spending are also in the pipeline unless a deal can be reached.

Economists say the overall effect of falling off the "fiscal cliff" could tip the US into recession

can we now just re name this Thread "U.S. POLITICS"

#1,417 ·
can we now just re name this Thread "U.S. POLITICS"

"Linda McMahon's False Flag attempt/loses election " and " Election Day Votes By Race" Threads can fit in this "U.S. POLITICS" Thread.

#1,430 ·
The right wing love in my country portrayed by the Media in my country, for people from the US, Canada, Europe etc. Wherever you are..News Ltd in Australia has a massive stronghold over here with it's publications such as the Courier Mail and the Daily Telegraph which heavily favour the right wing, granted..there are some left wing writes but come on now, Fox News also has some left wing TV hosts... the media (News Ltd) has really fucked up a lot of things over here. At least the USA has the balls to stand up against Fox News and sniff out bullshit from the likes of Rupert Murdoch.

I love Australia but it has always been very right wing dominated, and Australians usually tend to vote Conservative. I live in Queensland and the Campbell Newman guy won by a landslide and threw Labor out...but now everyone is complaining about Newman because he has sacked a ton of workers, spent tax money on building a 15,000.00 Queen Elizabeth II sign ffs. Politics over here in Australia is a joke tbh..it's like a game of musical chairs at times.

It was a hung parliament...even if Abbott would have won, he would have to agree to a Carbon Tax due to the Greens having more control in Parliament, it's pretty cut and dry.

Howard is a liar, lol. You know what..you can have those right wing views, I don't care. Everyone will just came back to the Labor party and look for changes again, then back and forth. I don't know what my country wants.

#1,432 ·
It was a hung parliament...even if Abbott would have won, he would have to agree to a Carbon Tax due to the Greens having more control in Parliament, it's pretty cut and dry.
Ah no they wouldn't. They would try and implement their own policies on carbon emissions. Its not like they would have been forced to implement a carbon tax. Public pressure may have dictated something but it wouldn't be the same as what Gillard and the Greens are implementing.

One of Gillard's promises prior to the 2010 election was there would be no carbon tax.

shock horror, a polition isn't truthful.

Gillard has done absolutely nothing in the way of meaningful policy on anything. People smuggling under the Howard government was virtually non-existant by the time he lost the election. Now, illegal immigration has taken a massive rise.

Their solutions for it are utterly woeful and our offshore processing facilities are ridiculously full, and poorly maintained. As snrub said, add to the fact she called Abbott misogynistic while supporting ministers which were done for using public money for prostitutes and sexual harrassment charges.

#1,431 · (Edited)
Obama won because of the auto bailout That's why he won in Ohio , Iowa and Michigan . Its that simple.

It was a hard call at the time but time has shows us it was the right call. Leadership is what you do in the worst of times, and the worst of times is what he was walking in to and he made the right calls.

#1,437 ·
That would never happen to a male politician dude..

It's clear that there is just a raw ugly hate for Gillard from the Conservatives. If you can't see that than..I don't know what to say but like I said before, I know my views and I'm sticking by them. I don't even mostly bother talking Australian politics...it's all over the place. I'll always stick by Labor though, 100 percent. People in Queensland are already complaining about Newman when the majority of them voted him in..like I said before, I don't know what this country wants..it's up for them to decide.

#1,439 ·
Yeah there is a hate for Gillard. There was also a hate for Rudd, Beazley, Latham and a few of the other blokes they had. Like you say, media has a massive influenece over things though and thats the angle they play up ie 'Gillard only gets hate for being a woman'. The fact that you argue that point about the media on some issues, yet cannot see it in others is slightly naive. Personally I dislike her policies, the fact that she's a woman is irrelevant.

If you look into it, Latham was constantly criticised for having a huge temper, Rudd for his image, Beazley for being a moron, honestly can't remember the other bloke i'm forgetting Labor had as leader for a little bit so i can't comment on him.

On the flip side, Abbott cops a ton of stick for his views on religion and in the media is portrayed as a woman hating, homophobic man, Howard portrayed as a pathetic old man, Turnbull copped flack after one of his ministers faked an email to implicate rudd and Swan in a car scam, and that other bloke the Libs had wasn't around for long either.

#1,441 ·
simon crean's the other leader after beazley and before foul mouth mark.

brendan nelson for liberal. he was a joke. turnbull is too weak, abbott is too outspoken. i'm a liberal man, but god both parties are a mess. i vote for th policies though, not the mouthpiece. i'd like scott morrison to be given a go though

#1,444 · (Edited)
After Romney's loss, Republicans need a rethink

changing the party's position on immigration will improve their fortunes with Latinos.

40% of the Hispanic vote won by George ]Bush, a supporter of amnesty for illegal immigrants, in 2004. Bush's share of the Hispanic vote is sometimes exaggerated – it was probably not much more than Ronald Reagan's was in 1984 – but it was certainly better than what Romney or John McCain managed.

in 2016 i will be thinking about New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

i think Marco Rubio can help get the Hispanic vote but as i said my eye is on New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. As for Jeb Bush ....hellll no!!!!! no way in hell do i think ever letting a bush ever get back in the white house is good.

Christie, a first-term governor, was one of the top names tossed around early in the 2012 cycle but he never warmed to the idea of running, saying he was focused on serving New Jersey. he's a Northeast Republican from a blue state, but his fiery temperament is the polar opposite of Romney's.

Christie recently was put in the politically awkward position of praising the opposing party's president when Obama helped New Jersey with disaster relief after Hurricane Sandy. Christie lashed back at critics for suggesting he should put politics above helping his state's storm victims, and he denied Wednesday that he had given Obama an "embrace" over the storm.

Even Obama remarked that he’s a “good man” and a “family man,” though the president disagrees with his “vision of America.”

Democrats, however, have cast him as extreme on a range of issues, most notably Medicare, which his budget plan would eventually convert to a voucher-based system for future beneficiaries. Ryan has countered that Democrats have offered no credible plan for reforming -- and saving -- the entitlement program for seniors.

The outcome of the struggle between the party's establishment and its more conservative Tea Party wing could be critical in deciding what kind of candidate gets the nomination in four years, and there has been talk about the need to broaden the base, given the country's growing Hispanic population and national shifts on social issues, such as gay marriage.

A successful 2012 Republican candidate will need to appeal to Latinos to a greater extent than Romney did in 2012

i dont know what is next for the Republican but i know id love to vote Republican but with the Tea Party wing i just can do it i hope we get a Republican that will shifts on social issues and tax issues . i am not a one issue so if the Republicans can just shift on some issues maybe they can get my vote.

#1,446 ·
After Romney's loss, Republicans need a rethink but not reinvention

Many Republicans hope that simply changing the party's position on immigration will improve their fortunes with Latinos. Their evidence is the 40% of the Hispanic vote won by George W Bush, a supporter of amnesty for illegal immigrants, in 2004. Bush's share of the Hispanic vote is sometimes exaggerated – it was probably not much more than Ronald Reagan's was in 1984 – but it was certainly better than what Romney or John McCain managed.

in 2016 i will be thinking about New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

Other Republican possibilities include former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.

i think Marco Rubio can help get the Hispanic vote but as i said my eye is on New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. As for Jeb Bush ....hellll no!!!!! no way in hell do i think ever letting a bush ever get back in the white house is good.

Christie, a first-term governor, was one of the top names tossed around early in the 2012 cycle but he never warmed to the idea of running, saying he was focused on serving New Jersey. he's a Northeast Republican from a blue state, but his fiery temperament is the polar opposite of Romney's.

Christie recently was put in the politically awkward position of praising the opposing party's president when Obama helped New Jersey with disaster relief after Hurricane Sandy. Christie lashed back at critics for suggesting he should put politics above helping his state's storm victims, and he denied Wednesday that he had given Obama an "embrace" over the storm.

Even Obama remarked that he’s a “good man” and a “family man,” though the president disagrees with his “vision of America.”

Democrats, however, have cast him as extreme on a range of issues, most notably Medicare, which his budget plan would eventually convert to a voucher-based system for future beneficiaries. Ryan has countered that Democrats have offered no credible plan for reforming -- and saving -- the entitlement program for seniors.

The outcome of the struggle between the party's establishment and its more conservative Tea Party wing could be critical in deciding what kind of candidate gets the nomination in four years, and there has been talk about the need to broaden the base, given the country's growing Hispanic population and national shifts on social issues, such as gay marriage.

A successful 2012 Republican candidate will need to appeal to Latinos to a greater extent than Romney did in 2012

i dont know what is next for the Republican but i know id love to vote Republican but with the Tea Party wing i just can do it i hope we get a Republican that will shifts on social issues and tax issues . i am not a one issue so if the Republicans can just shift on some issues maybe they can get my vote.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/07/after-romney-loss-republicans-need-rethink

i didnt know you wrote for the guardian!

#1,455 ·
No one cares about Ann Coulter. She's a troll. And possibly a man.

#1,466 · (Edited)
Let's put this in perspective. The Republicans should feel betrayed by a conservative media and media pundits that told them what they wanted to hear instead of what was actually happening.

They have lost two straight Presidencies and by embracing Fox, a network which legitimized the Tea Party at what is now looking like at the expense of the Republican party with candidates tying themselves to their wants, where does this leave those candidates and where does it leave Fox News whose demographic continues to get older? That network convinced their viewers that America was on the Tea Party side and that Barack's win in 2008 was a fluke. 2010 helped them with this theory. 2012 gave them a huge reality check. Once things get done, 2016 is looking grim for the GOP.

And that network deserve it!

#1,469 ·
I can't feel any sympathy towards the Tea Party.

It was pretty funny when O'Riley and Limbaugh were acting all shocked about the massive Hispanic and African American votes, and Bill O'Riley saying that it's not "Traditional America" voting..if that wasn't racist than I don't know what it is...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.