Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Golden Era vs Attitude Era, Which do you prefer?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 04:51 PM
jcmmnx
Working on my abs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Re: Golden Era vs Attitude Era, Which do you prefer?

Well the Monday night wars led to far better tv so it's really hard to compare. I think 98 and 99 WWF is seriously lacking in good matches while the tv show was fun for angles I don't think very much of it holds up. 1997 and 2000 were great years for WWF. There was a serious lack of wrestling talent in the AE until Jericho, Angle, Eddie, Benoit, and Malenko showed up.

IMO the roster from the eraly 90's smokes the AE era roster of the late 90's, but the format and change in direction led to better tv in the late 90's. The WWF has always been built around the top guy and Austin was a far more compelling character to build around than Hogan.

The AE produced more memorable stuff, but I think the talent was better in the golden era. I'd have loved to see what the 1992 roster could do if they had a head to head show against WCW with the freedom of the AE era. For what it's worth NWA/WCW was better than WWF for about every year from 1985-1997 except for maybe 1993 and 95 when both company's were awful(95 I mean I love WWF in 93 way underrated). Austin saved WWF from going out of buisness imo.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome