Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - If ROH Goes Under What Promotion Will Be The New Number 3?
View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 02:09 PM
MF83
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: If ROH Goes Under What Promotion Will Be The New Number 3?

Now this is just my opinion, but what is the goal of pro wrestling? To make money. The second most successful promotion would be the one that makes the second most amount of money, no? That has the second highest PAID attendance per year, no? The second most buys, I think? TNA doesn't make money! TNA wins in the amount of countries broadcasted on TV, sure, but that does not make them the second biggest promotion out there. Obviously New Japan doesn't matter outside of Japan, and other places where they're seen like Taiwan, Mongolia, China, Korea, Italy apparently, or with "other wrestling" fans around the world, but they are broadcast globally with iPPVs and in the internet age who's to say which is more important? TNA is more widespread on television internationally but New Japan is certainly the bigger promotion by every other measure, in my opinion.

And just splitting hairs but that 600 international buy number was just the measure of people watching live. No way to say how many watched with the time delay and replay buys.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome