Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #1960 (permalink)
GillbergReturns
Getting over in the mid-card

GillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah89 View Post
This is the same thing I say all the time. WWE would be nuts to have Cena/Taker prematurely. That much is just too damn big. I have been anticipating it since 2009. The Volcano erupts at Wrestlemania XXX. That's how big I think that match is. What happens in that match and whatever ends up being the end result is going to dictate the future of the WWE (especially the future of John Cena). I know you and others are going to laugh at me for saying this: There is no other reason for WWE bringing back The Rock and Brock Lesnar other than to hold off on their WM 30 main event. They are already thinking about that show. Cena and Taker's storylines for Mania's 27-29 are pure fucking filler to me. Plus this match will draw based on the two names involved, it's WM, and Vince is going to promote his ass off for the 30th installment.

Cena/Taker at WM 29? Are you kidding me?
There's plenty of matches to build Wrestlemania 30 around besides Cena Taker.

Austin v Punk is the obvious one. Rock and Lesnar could both be around too. Reports have stated that WWE wants Lesnar back for next year as well, and you know they won't pass on Rock.

I don't dispute that Cena v Taker is a huge match and worthy of Main Eventing WM 30 but it's appeal is nothing more than Cena's possible heel turn. Without a heel turn Cena v Taker is no different than Rock v Cena. It's just a match were everyone will be rooting for Cena to lose.

Last edited by GillbergReturns : 10-28-2012 at 11:24 AM.
GillbergReturns is online now   Reply With Quote