Wrestling Forum banner

Happiest/Saddest/Angriest times of being a sports fan?

8K views 97 replies 86 participants last post by  Shifte 
#1 ·
just wondering in all the years you have been a sports fan , which moments have made you happy , sad or angry?

mine are

Happiest
Beating Atletico Madrid over two legs to go through to the next round of the then uefa cup.

Saddest
when we were relegated last season to the championship that was quite sad but personal would have to be Gary Speed's death or when Muamba retired.

Angriest
being a Bolton fan a lot of the games now a days get me angry , i remember we were 2-0 up vs Blackburn at Ewood a couple of years and ending up drawing 2-2 that made me quite angry.

#83 ·
Happiest = Celtic 2-1 Barcelona November 2012
Saddest = Losing the League cup final against Kilmarnock March 2012
Angriest = Losing 4-0 against St Mirren April 2010 (Tony Mowbray's last game in charge)

#93 ·
Happiest = Celtic 2-1 Barcelona November 2012
Saddest = Losing the League cup final against Kilmarnock March 2012
Angriest = Losing 4-0 against St Mirren April 2010 (Tony Mowbray's last game in charge)
That was surreal. We'd just lost the League Cup Final to 9-man Rangers 3 days before so everyone was absolutely scunnered with football and didn't want to go. Ended up going myself and got given a free ticket at the ground by someone. That was a Gus McPherson side as well...

On the downside, that Rangers game was the angriest moment for me, I thought I'd successfully blotted it out of my memory...

#84 ·
Happiest- When the Vikings beat the Packers, Twins winning the World Series in 91. When the Twins opened Target Field in 2010

Saddest- The retirement and eventual passing of Minnesota Twins legend Kirby Puckett.

Angry- Vikings coach deciding to play in overtime instead of using 2 time outs and his number 1 ranked offense in the 1998 NFC Championship against Atlanta...and losing. Vikings vs Saints in 2009. Cheap shot on Favre.

#88 ·
Saddest: Pep announcing his leave last season.

Happiest: 2008-2009 Sextuple baby.

Angriest: Goes without saying...

Nothing will ever be worse than that, nothing. Anger, disgust, devastation...all negative emotions at maximum amplitude.

#90 ·
Happiest time as a sports fan- when Texas Rangers closer Neftali Feliz struck out Alex Rodriguez on a knee buckling curveball to end the 2010 ALCS. Absolute euphoria.

Saddest moment as a sports fan- David Freese 2 run triple in the bottom of the 9th in Game 6 of the 2011 World Series. Tying the game with two outs, later homering in the 11th to force a game 7.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#94 ·
Happiest- The Colts comeback vs. New England in the AFC Title game / Super Bowl XLI / Colts comeback vs. New England in week 9 of 2009.

Saddest- Super Bowl XLIV... I lied on the couch for 3 hours after the game just replaying everything in my head. Ton of 'what ifs'. Still can't get over that.

Angriest- Probably same as saddest. Start game in man coverage = Keeping Saints O in check. Switch to Cover 2 = Letting Brees shit on them like everyone did the Colts' Cover 2. Just stupid.

#95 ·
Happiest - Either the last second Wide to West St Helens try against Bradford Bulls or The Kerion Cunningham last ditch try against Castleford in his final home league game.

Saddest - Spurs losing out on champions league due to Chelsea winning the final.

Angriest - Pedro Mendez scoring a clear goal against Man Utd only to see it disallowed cause the linesman and ref "claim" they didn't see it cross the line.

#96 ·
I'll leave pro wrestling out of this

Happiest

Broncos beating Falcons to win the Super Bowl.
Steelers beating Seahawks to win the Super Bowl.

Saddest

Orioles failing to make the playoffs in 1989.

Angriest

When the Ravens were about to beat the undefeated Patriots only to get jobbed out by horrible officiating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.