Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #1226 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Combat Analyst
Fired by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
Yeah, Deck was the best rapper in the WU back then, to me. He had some of the most memorable verses on their debut, and then he OWNED their second album. And all his guest appearances in between. Deck from 93-97(the Wu's prime) was their best rapper IMO.

One of the great hip hop tragedies was the flood that destroyed a lot of RZA's records, including the beats he had lined up for Deck's solo debut which was supposed to come out in like 95-96. It ruined his album, and had to scrap it and by the time his first solo dropped in like '98, it wasn't nearly as good as everyone hoped. Big shame.

As for Kendrick's album sales......Combat Analyst, I told you he had a big buzz and growing fanbase and didn't need Gaga, and would do quite well if the music is good! I fully expected all that, but even I am surprised it's 200K +. Fantastic numbers. Word of mouth can still be a huge way to generate buzz, which is what has happened with twitter, blogs, reviews, message boards, etc.......EVERYONE(except Shyne....clown) is singing this album's praises, and generating more and more buzz.
Guess you're right, He has been bulding buzz this year with songs like the Recipe & Swimming Pools, appearing on 106 & Park

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png

Black Is Beautiful

Spoiler for DrIllmatic:

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome