Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Shawn Michaels vs. Steve Austin after WM 14

View Single Post

Old 10-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Shulkamaniac
Learning to break kayfabe

Shulkamaniac
Default Re: shawn michaels vs austin after wm 14

Despite being about a big of a Michaels mark as is humanly possible, I think it was definitely for the best that Shawn had to leave when he did. He was at the top of his game and he and Austin had incredible chemistry (Austin himself said the two of them had all of their best matches off camera, so who knows what we would have been in store for?) but behind the scenes, HBK was a complete wreck - and a total tool. I can't help but imagine that as the feud progressed, Michaels would have done everything in his power to stay at the very top - and in the process, the magic of what Austin went on to do would have been marred slightly. Even without Shawn's inevitable politicking, they probably couldn't have topped that climax to their feud anyways - it was one of the best executed 'passing the torch' moments WWE has had, in my opinion. Austin went on to start his classic angles with Mr McMahon after HBK left anyways, and they turned out to be pretty snazzaroo...