Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Is anyone a fan of Hardcore?

View Single Post

Old 10-26-2012, 04:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
NoGimmicksNeeded
Searching for a new identity

NoGimmicksNeeded 7001 - 7501NoGimmicksNeeded 7001 - 7501NoGimmicksNeeded 7001 - 7501NoGimmicksNeeded 7001 - 7501NoGimmicksNeeded 7001 - 7501NoGimmicksNeeded 7001 - 7501NoGimmicksNeeded 7001 - 7501NoGimmicksNeeded 7001 - 7501NoGimmicksNeeded 7001 - 7501NoGimmicksNeeded 7001 - 7501NoGimmicksNeeded 7001 - 7501
Default Re: Is anyone a fan of Hardcore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTD View Post
Yeah before I got into hardcore, I was into just classic punk. Bad religion got me started with Recipe for hate, and that slowly snowballed into the harder stuff. Along with Pennywise and the Decedents like you mentioned, those were my youngin bands. The best part about hardcore though is the sense of community you get from it, like most those gigs you went to everyone acted cool and like they were sort of a family right?

And UKHC is raping forsure right now. Not a big fan of screamo though.
Yeah man, I mean I've been going to hardcore and punk gigs for well over 10 years, played in various bands locally, had bands sleep on my floor so its a total sense of community, like going to the pub with 50 friends. I'm lucky enough to be from an area that's got bands like Vales, Crocus, Gnarwolves, Bangers, etc, local dudes and in bands like Bastions, We Came Out Like Tigers, Goodtime Boys, I know the guys who run labels, promote gigs, do artwork, print shirts, work at the venues.. there's no genre of music I've experienced that has a complete family feel from top to bottom, as opposed to just people that like the same music.

Scene is completely thriving at the moment, labels like Church Of Fuck and TDON up north, Fist In The Air, Holy Roar and Tangled Talk in the south east, Moshtache Records and Dog Knights down south. All of them and the many smaller labels are working so hard now, its as good as it was ten years ago.

Getting all emotional up in here
NoGimmicksNeeded is offline   Reply With Quote