Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-26-2012, 02:37 AM   #6003 (permalink)
Hennessey
21-0

Hennessey 1001 - 1500Hennessey 1001 - 1500Hennessey 1001 - 1500Hennessey 1001 - 1500Hennessey 1001 - 1500Hennessey 1001 - 1500Hennessey 1001 - 1500Hennessey 1001 - 1500Hennessey 1001 - 1500Hennessey 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailsabin View Post
Victory Road is a throwaway PPV to lead into Lockdown. Really nothing special overall. Aries/Ion, Hardy/Angle, & Roode/Sting are the only ones I can suggest you to look at. Don't expect much from Bully/Storm. I won't spoil that for you if you decide to watch the entire event, but simply letting you know.

Watch Slammiversay. Fun show with a hot crowd. Aries vs Joe is worth it. Daniels/Kazarian vs Angle/Styles has gotten mad praise around these parts as well. If you dig any of the 4, I'm sure you'll be a fan too.

idk how caught up you are with current storylines considering you said you haven't watched since 2010 (pre or post Immortal days?) but I say give a good portion of 2012 a chance as you might dig it. Certainly has been a stronger year, match wise, than 2011. Which was pretty gastly for the majority. Anything you hear about "Claire Lynch" isn't worth your time. Unless you really want to see Daniels be one awesome heel. Be prepared to stomache some crap acting in the process though.

I wrote up a detailed review on Bound For Glory 2012 a few pages back if your interested. It does contain spoilers, so if you're avoiding then perhaps it is best not to take a gander at it. I'm also finishing up Hardcore Justice 2012 atm and I'll post my thoughts/ratings on it soon enough in case you wanted to pursue the entire 2012 PPV calendar so far.
I stopped watching after Bound For Glory 2010. After that I stopped because of work. I finally decided to see how the ppv's have been this year and on paper it looks like there has been a lot of quality from this year.

How was Joe/Angle from Destination X? I remember loving all of their other matches. I actually have Angle/Joe from Lockdown as my favorite TNA match ever.

And holy fuck, I cant believe how well Roode has done as the TNA champion, just reading about everybody he has beaten is awesome.

I need to catch up on the Ace's and 8 thing, and why Hardy/Aries were even feuding heading into Bound For Glory lol.