Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Analyze this: Rivalries that built wrestling

View Single Post

Old 10-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Greenlawler
Old School, cause I'm an old fool....

Greenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Analyze this: Rivalries that built wrestling

AS long as were adding how about....

Slaughter vs Sheik: I know I have waxed on and on about this one but I don't think a lot of posters are giving this fued enough credit. While Hogan/Piper made the WWF a houshold name. Slaughter vs Sheik built the fanbase, even casual fans wanted to see Sarge kick the Sheik's tail. It really helped get the WWF the exposure it needed. It also was the main fued going on when the WWF hit cable television. Shiek and Slaughter were selling out buildings healining cards that Hogan was not even on.

Hart vs Lawler: For about a four year period this was the stuff of legend as Hart brought in everyone from The Shiek, the Iron Sheik, Hulk Hogan, Bugsy McGraw etc....to take out Lawler. It made Memphis a must watch. You never new what Jimmy was going to do, and how Lawler would retaliate. Hart was so much better in Memphis than WWF.
Greenlawler is online now   Reply With Quote