Wrestling Forum banner

69 percent of the active roster are a former champion of some sort

3K views 26 replies 23 participants last post by  Vyed 
#1 ·
Of the 55 "active" superstars listed on WWE.com, 38 of those men have at some point won either a main event, mid card or tag championship belt. 53 percent have won a tag team championship, 45 percent have won a mid card championship (including the WWECW championship) and 32 percent of the current active roster have been the world or wwe champion at some point in their career. You also have to take into consideration that the tag belts have been unified for over a year now.

Alex Riley, Brodus Clay, Camacho, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Hunico, Jey and Jimmy Uso, Jinder Mahal, Johnny Curtis, Mason Ryan, Ryback, Sin Cara, Titus O Neil, Trent Baretta and Yoshi Tatsu are the only active guys not to have won a championship.

Alberto Del Rio, Antonio Cesaro, Big Show, Christian, CM Punk, Cody Rhodes, Curt Hawkins, Daniel Bryan, David Otunga, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Epico, Evan Bourne, Ezekiel Jackson, The Great Khali, Heath Slater, Jack Swagger, John Cena, JTG, Justin Gabriel, Kane, Kofi Kingston, Mark Henry, Michael McGillicutty, The Miz, Primo, R-Truth, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Santino, Sheamus, Ted DiBiase, Tensai, Triple H, Tyson Kidd, Undertaker, Wade Barrett, William Regal and Zack Ryder have all won a championship belt.

#3 ·
Over half the roster have been a tag team champion at some point. That is pathetic. A poor reflection on the tag division, the bookers, and the slapstick comedy feuds they throw at the tag division. Just close the damn thing and get rid of the belts.

#5 ·
This is why the WWE are in the state there in, they have such a bad roster they just pair up random guys and put them in for the tag titles, no real storylines just trying to use up air time

#10 ·
I think they have a quota for the amount of the black wrestlers that are supposed to be employed. Therefor, JTG is still employed, besides he's a good wrestler, I do kinda mark out when I see him.

:troll

:cena2

#12 ·
I don't see how this cheapens the value of the belts. The WWE is looked at as a "sport" right? So doesn't it mean that the wrestlers as individuals should have the ability to "win" a title at some point since they are competitors of this said "sport"? The numbers might be lower if there was only one World title and one secondary title but that's minor talk.

#13 ·
I don't see how this cheapens the value of the belts. The WWE is looked at as a "sport" right? So doesn't it mean that the wrestlers as individuals should have the ability to "win" a title at some point since they are competitors of this said "sport"? The numbers might be lower if there was only one World title and one secondary title but that's minor talk.
No, just like James Thompson doesn't have the ability to become a UFC champ and North Korea doesn't have the ability to become the world soccer champion. Wrestling needs it's Bob Hollys just like MMA needs it's James Thompsons. Not everyone should get it simply because they are employed and "compete"

#14 ·
Right, I decided to check this against the roster from 2007 (at WM 23)
those in Bold had won a title in WWE, those underlined had won in WCW or ECW but not WWE

Balls Mahoney
Batista
The Big Show
Bobby Lashley

The Boogeyman
Booker T
Brian Kendrick
Carlito
Charlie Haas
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Benoit

Chris Masters
CM Punk
Daivari
Deuce
Domino
Edge
Elijah Burke
Eugene
Finlay
Funaki

The Great Khali
Gregory Helms
Hardcore Holly
Jamie Noble
JBL
Jim Duggan

Jimmy Wang Yang
Joey Mercury
John Cena
Johnny Nitro

JTG
Kane
Ken Kennedy
Kenny Dykstra

Kevin Thorn
Kid Kash
Kurt Angle
Lance Cade

Marcus Cor Von
Mark Henry
Matt Hardy

Matt Striker
MVP
Paul Burchill
Paul London
Psicosis
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Ric Flair
Rob Van Dam

Robbie McAllister
Rory McAllister
Sabu
Sandman
Scotty 2 Hotty
Shad

Shannon Moore
Shawn Michaels
Shelton Benjamin

Snitsky
Stevie Richards
Super Crazy
Sylvain Grenier
The Miz
Tommy Dreamer
Trevor Murdoch
Triple H
Umaga
The Undertaker
Val Venis
Viscera

Vito
William Regal

That gives 51/75 (68% who had won in WWE)
and 54/75(72% in WWE, ECW or WCW)

So we haven't really gone that different in the last 5 years. Just a solid stock of wrestlers coming through.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.