Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #6882 (permalink)
jawbreaker
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

serious question: does anyone else find Michael Elgin immensely frustrating? like, he's had some really good matches against guys who aren't very good (Davey Richards! in 2012! in ROH!) but he's also had some really bad matches against guys who are very good (Finlay, Adam Cole) and some downright horrific matches, albeit with horrible people (Charlie Haas). but most of the time when I watch him it seems like he has some idea of how to make a match interesting, he's done an excellent job of making that spinning powerbomb into a legit finisher, and his finishing stretches are generally fun, but I almost never actually get caught up in his matches. I can't pinpoint what problems I have with his work, really. The best guess I have is that despite him being theoretically a power heel he's at his best when he's working from the bottom because he's pretty good at long-term selling and excellent at building to a finisher that feels like the culmination of his offense, which of course doesn't suit his character. it's weird, I guess: even though I like a lot of what he does and I don't really think he's bad, I never get excited to see him wrestle, ever, and when I see he's in the next match my reaction is usually pretty similar to what it is for Eddie Edwards or Ryan Taylor, even though he's clearly not Eddie Edwards or Ryan Taylor in terms of in-ring ability.

so yeah, thoughts?