Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #1886 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 12:18 AM
Stone Hot
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGERTHAT21 View Post
Why would you want Rock vs Brock to go on before Austin vs. Punk? That doesn't make any sense to me. The Rock and Brock are the only 2 mainstream wrestlers they have. A match between the 2 would create a HUGE buzz, and I mean HUGE! The rematch The Rock never got and the former UFC champion beast of a man who's fresh off of making Triple H seemingly retire going at it at Wrestlemania? That's got mainevent written all over it.

Austin, although a GOAT, is not all that relevant anymore. And Punk doesn't have the starpower to balance this thing out. The promos would be amazing yeah, but The Rock and Paul Heyman potentially going at it on the stick, that would be just as good if not better. Those 2 are probably the 2 greatest when it comes to selling matches.

You can also guarantee the match won't be a bust. Provided Rock work on his endurance and Brock stop that boring 'Kimaura Lock time muthafucka!' gimmick. Austins, while a great worker in the past, has got a bad neck, bad knees and who knows what else. Punk is a pretty good worker, but he's not that good. That match has the potential to be a bust.

The Rock got screwed out of the Main Event at WM18 and look what happened in the main event.... the crowd didn't respond. They saw the real main event and didn't care for anything else. The show was already over for them.

Austin vs Punk may be a IWC smark dream, and I myself want to see it, but Rock vs Brock definitely deserves to go on last. Maybe if they wait until Wrestlemania 30 Austin vs. Punk can happen, but until then...leave it alone.
Take a chill pill broski this just my opinion and what i would like to see happen doesn't mean it will

Proud mark and supporter of Triple H. All of his wins are well deserved and he has earned his spot. Theres nothing you guys can do about it. Haters can suck it.

My 10 Favorite Wrestlers of all Time
1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
2. Shawn Michaels
3. Chris Jericho
4. Triple H
5. Edge
6. Undertaker
7. The Rock
8. Bret Hart
9. Kurt Angle
10. Mick Foley

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome