Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Territory Era

View Single Post

Old 10-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Greenlawler
Old School, cause I'm an old fool....

Greenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: The Territory Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonefort View Post
So, which of the territories does WWE now own the tape library for?

Or maybe I should say, which of these does WWE *not* own the rights to? I know WWE recently bought the Mid-South/UWF library.
A previous poster was right, they own almost all of it. CWA is owned by Lawler I think but many of the old shows were" wiped" to film over. I think this is the case of many of the NWA Mid America stuff.

You can find entire years of CWA on youtube....including 1982 imo the greatest year of territory wrestling in one territory.

You can also find the fun IWA shows.

I dream that one day the WWE will launch its network and have a daily block of territory shows. Like World Class, Memphis, Georgia, Mid South, AWA, and Florida all back to back everyday starting with the earliest stuff they have. Their "On Demand" network does this but they only have like 2 shows a month, and they are not always consistant.
Greenlawler is offline   Reply With Quote