Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Analyze this: Rivalries that built wrestling

View Single Post

Old 10-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Greenlawler
Old School, cause I'm an old fool....

Greenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Analyze this: Rivalries that built wrestling

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg_ View Post
lol for a second, I thought someone resurrected one of my old threads. Last year I started an "Analyze this:" series of threads just like this.

To the actual topic. I think that the Cindy Lauper/Roddy Piper feud helped put WWE on the map more than anything. If it wasn't for the Rock & Wrestling connection, Wrestlemania likely would've failed.
Ageed I think Piper/Hogan was more important to the WWF than Hogan/Andre. Of course Hogan/Andre took the business up a level but it was already hot becuase of Hogan/Piper.

AWA: Gagne/ Vachon
NWA: Flair/ Rhodes
WWF: Hogan/ Piper, Austin/ McMahon
Memphis: Dundee/ Lawler
WCCW: Von Erichs/ Freebirds
WCW: NWO/WCW
Florida: Rhodes/ Sullivan
Mexico: Blue Demon/ El Santo
Mid Atlantic: Slaughter and Kernodle/ Steamboat and Youngblood

Last edited by Greenlawler : 10-25-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Greenlawler is offline   Reply With Quote