Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Impact Wrestling 2012: A New Era.

View Single Post

Old 10-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Frakkles

Frakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friends
Default Re: Impact Wrestling 2012: A New Era.

All the matches were very good and very well written. They progressed well and ended at the right times so well done on that front. There's never really a lot more to say about writing matches than they're good if they're well written because, if they're well written, the writer should just keep doing what they're doing!

I said something before on another thread BTB that I feel applies here as well so I'm just going to paste that comment:

"The only thing I would criticise a little is the segments (or lack thereof). Segments, I'm a killer for detail on. If you're not a great match writer then writing recaps is fine but segments are the biggest part of story progression on these shows and recaps for segments don't really do the best job in developing storylines. It IS your first show so it's not a huge deal but that might be a small something worth trying to develop going forward."

Honestly, I prefer watching segments to matches on TV shows because they're usually a lot better. The wrestling on TV is hardly worth watching and, while it's great reading matches and imagining them out, move for move, in-depth segments are crucial.

It's definitely a very solid platform to build off of and the development of the segments you did was well done but if you could develop that even further then this would definitely help to peak interest, in my opinion.

Hope that helps.