Wrestling Forum banner

Official Team Hell No vs. Team Rhodes Scholars Discussion

3K views 44 replies 40 participants last post by  JihadJake 
#1 ·

wwe.com said:
With a crucial victory over Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara on Raw, Team Rhodes Scholars won the Tag Team Title No. 1 Contenders' Tournament to earn a title opportunity against Team Hell No at WWE Hell in a Cell Oct. 28. Now that they have worked their way through WWE’s stacked tag team division, will the arrogant duo of Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow be able to take advantage of Kane & Daniel Bryan’s clearly dysfunctional partnership and leave Atlanta the new WWE Tag Team Champions?

The matchup serves as an interesting experiment in tag team chemistry, for Team Hell No and Team Rhodes Scholars fall on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to cohesiveness. On one end are the current titleholders, who remain steadily at each other’s throats most of the time, only to get on the same page long enough to squeeze by opponents. On the other end of the spectrum are Rhodes & Sandow, who have become fast friends since they began teaming in late summer, despite their incredibly egocentric personalities as singles competitors.

Having been battered by a chairs-wielding Team Hell No on the Sep. 21 edition of SmackDown, Rhodes & Sandow approach the WWE Tag Team Championship Match fully cognizant of the havoc that Kane & Bryan are capable of when they become consumed with anger. If that back-bruising experience was any indication of what is to expect from a unified Team Hell No, Rhodes & Sandow better hope that Kane & Bryan’s partnership degrades further before Oct. 28.

And, judging by Team Hell No’s recent interactions, Rhodes & Sandow’s dream may become a reality. Though Kane & Bryan appear to be developing a big brother/little brother dynamic, Team Hell No still ends many of its conversations with “Yes”/“No” screaming matches and arguments over which Superstar — singular — is the WWE Tag Team Champions.

In spite of their youth, Rhodes & Sandow are cagey competitors nonetheless. Add in their proclivity for bending the rules, and Team Rhodes Scholar just may have the tools necessary to exploit the champions’ weaknesses.

Rhodes & Sandow’s competency as a tag team is demonstrable. They plowed through Jey & Jimmy Uso in the first round of the tag team tournament, fought past Zack Ryder & Santino Marella in the second round, and put away Mysterio & Sin Cara in the tourney finals. For a team with relatively few matches under its belt, Team Rhodes Scholars appear to be the epitome of tag team continuity. (Not hurting the matter, assuredly, is Rhodes’ deep experience in the tag ranks; prior to teaming with Sandow, he held four tag team championships with three different partners.)

Tag team enthusiasts continue to wonder how long Kane & Bryan’s rocky relationship can sustain their championship reign. At WWE Hell in a Cell, the endlessly condescending Team Rhodes Scholars will attempt to settle that debate once and for all. Find out who will leave Atlanta with the WWE Tag team Titles on Sunday, Oct. 28, at 8 ET/5 PT, only on pay-per-view.
I like the spotlight the tournament and Team Hell No's booking has brought to the WWE Tag Team Championship division in the last few weeks. This combination of Rhodes and Sandow has been allowed those two to get some TV time every week which is good for them as a fresh heel team. However, the Kane & Daniel Bryan team is still so entertaining on Raw and Smackdown every week so I think their run should continue a bit more after Hell In A Cell.

See less See more
#40 ·
as much as I want to see Sandow in singles competition. I think Rhodes Scholars should win this. Because Kane & Bryan will have new material. Either fight their way back with knowing they have to get along to win back the belts or Kane destroys Bryan (please) leading to their final match and they go their separate ways after.

#41 ·
Anyone else completely despises the name Team Rhodes Scholars? The Rhodes Scholars just sounds more natural. Team Rhodes Scholars sounds stupid.

Anyway, I expect Team Hell No to win this. They've been tag champs for what a month? It's to soon to end it and they have really good chemistry. If WWE plans on just having them drop the titles and break them up then, then quite frankly the PTP should have gotten their run with the tag titles instead. I odn't knoe if you guys remembered but The PTP were told to "fuck off!" because Hell No needed the tag titles.

#45 ·
I really hope TEAM FRIENDSHIP retains and this becomes a feud. They could really play this out well and it would be great for the tag team division, its really perfect when you think about it its total dysfunction against total harmony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.