Wrestling Forum banner

Official Team Hell No vs. Team Rhodes Scholars Discussion

3K views 44 replies 40 participants last post by  JihadJake 
#1 ·

wwe.com said:
With a crucial victory over Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara on Raw, Team Rhodes Scholars won the Tag Team Title No. 1 Contenders' Tournament to earn a title opportunity against Team Hell No at WWE Hell in a Cell Oct. 28. Now that they have worked their way through WWE’s stacked tag team division, will the arrogant duo of Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow be able to take advantage of Kane & Daniel Bryan’s clearly dysfunctional partnership and leave Atlanta the new WWE Tag Team Champions?

The matchup serves as an interesting experiment in tag team chemistry, for Team Hell No and Team Rhodes Scholars fall on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to cohesiveness. On one end are the current titleholders, who remain steadily at each other’s throats most of the time, only to get on the same page long enough to squeeze by opponents. On the other end of the spectrum are Rhodes & Sandow, who have become fast friends since they began teaming in late summer, despite their incredibly egocentric personalities as singles competitors.

Having been battered by a chairs-wielding Team Hell No on the Sep. 21 edition of SmackDown, Rhodes & Sandow approach the WWE Tag Team Championship Match fully cognizant of the havoc that Kane & Bryan are capable of when they become consumed with anger. If that back-bruising experience was any indication of what is to expect from a unified Team Hell No, Rhodes & Sandow better hope that Kane & Bryan’s partnership degrades further before Oct. 28.

And, judging by Team Hell No’s recent interactions, Rhodes & Sandow’s dream may become a reality. Though Kane & Bryan appear to be developing a big brother/little brother dynamic, Team Hell No still ends many of its conversations with “Yes”/“No” screaming matches and arguments over which Superstar — singular — is the WWE Tag Team Champions.

In spite of their youth, Rhodes & Sandow are cagey competitors nonetheless. Add in their proclivity for bending the rules, and Team Rhodes Scholar just may have the tools necessary to exploit the champions’ weaknesses.

Rhodes & Sandow’s competency as a tag team is demonstrable. They plowed through Jey & Jimmy Uso in the first round of the tag team tournament, fought past Zack Ryder & Santino Marella in the second round, and put away Mysterio & Sin Cara in the tourney finals. For a team with relatively few matches under its belt, Team Rhodes Scholars appear to be the epitome of tag team continuity. (Not hurting the matter, assuredly, is Rhodes’ deep experience in the tag ranks; prior to teaming with Sandow, he held four tag team championships with three different partners.)

Tag team enthusiasts continue to wonder how long Kane & Bryan’s rocky relationship can sustain their championship reign. At WWE Hell in a Cell, the endlessly condescending Team Rhodes Scholars will attempt to settle that debate once and for all. Find out who will leave Atlanta with the WWE Tag team Titles on Sunday, Oct. 28, at 8 ET/5 PT, only on pay-per-view.
I like the spotlight the tournament and Team Hell No's booking has brought to the WWE Tag Team Championship division in the last few weeks. This combination of Rhodes and Sandow has been allowed those two to get some TV time every week which is good for them as a fresh heel team. However, the Kane & Daniel Bryan team is still so entertaining on Raw and Smackdown every week so I think their run should continue a bit more after Hell In A Cell.

See less See more
#2 ·
I like Team Rhodes Scholars and wanted them to win the tourny but i want Team Hell No to win

#3 ·
I'm hoping The Rhodes Scholars do not win the titles here. I don't want them as The Tag Team Champions. I haven't really even liked this team since they starting teaming up. Sandow's too good to be held down in the division and he should be gettting the singles push he deserves. He's losing his uniqueness of his great character by having to share the spotlight with someone so mediocre and generic as Rhodes. He's needs to get out of this tag team for the benefit of himself and his fans.

#4 · (Edited)
I don't understand why you have such a big problem with this team. I'm probably a bigger Sandow mark than you are and it doesn't really bother me much anymore to be honest, in fact I quite like them together. Obviously this team is short term, as the commentators and the men themselves have stated on many occasions and both will likely go on to have long illustrious singles careers. Neither guy was doing anything singles-wise at the moment, why not feud them with two of the most over guys on the roster and have them at the forefront of the tag team rejuvenation? I'd rather Sandow be tagging with Cody and feuding two incredibly over former World Champs and competing on PPV's than having a shit mini-feud with Brodus Clay or Zack Ryder, wouldn't you?

And plus, although Sandow is clearly the superior in the team, Hell in a Cell is going to be his first ever PPV appearance (without counting the multi-man MITB), and kayfabe wise Cody is "better" than Sandow, this team could actually be seen as a uprising for him. This is certainly getting him more exposure, that's for sure.

What I'd change is I'd present them more as equals, Rhodes getting all the pins is bugging me a bit. Sandow is just as entertaining as he's always been, he was gold on the mic tonight. If I was you, I'd check out his rant about there being no mineral water on the backstage exclusive last week, epic.

#11 ·
Can only see a Team Hell No win here. I expect them to keep the belts for a few months at least plus i don't think Rhodes and Sandow really need the tag championships as they should both be good single competitors instead.

#21 ·
This is gonna be a good match but I think Team Rhodes Scholars will win the Tag Titles cause at least they don't fight unlike Bryan and Kane

#25 ·
To buildup the tag division they need to hotshot the title. I thin at least 4 different champs will be champs over the next 4 months. Having 1 dominant team is not healthy for the division.

#26 ·
four great mic workers and wrestlers, can't wait. I hope the feud continues after HIAC, these 4 could put on great promos/matches if given the chance.

#29 ·
Kane will win this handicapped match while also preventing Bryan from getting pinned by a clothesline or get submitted from a nerve pinch.

#33 ·
Hopefully Team Hell No wins, a successful tag-team like them needs a longer title reign. Jeez people just because Bryan is talented doesn't mean he can't be involved in other divisions, i mean if WWE thought like that you wouldn't get tag-teams like D-Generation X, Rock & Sock, Edge & Christian, etc.

Also Bryan is actually doing a much better job in his current role, no need to shove him down our throats as a main eventer, he's much more entertaining right now than i found him in his main event run. He is the type of guy who needs a long push before main event so that when he's finally in main event it feels special and memorable (like Chris Benoit, Edge, Christian, etc.)

#38 ·
While I'm typically against it - I got to agree with the guy who said hotshotting the titles a bit would help bring some excitement to the tag-team division and keep it's momentum going forward. WWE and World titles have been more then stable... so it wouldn't be a bad thing to let the tag titles bounce around a bit. Also - that way we can get the inevitable Kane vs Daniel Bryan match (and re-match) out of the way before we get to the Royal Rumble.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.