Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #6868 (permalink)
Matt_Yoda
Little Poppa Pump

Matt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friends
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I still don't understand why they need a title:

1. Isn't it all about the points and stuff, I mean was that not what made EVOLVE different from all the other promotions out there?
2. Isn't the Open The Freedom? Gate title already being defended there so many times it's almost like the title?
I'll try to answer these the best I can.

1. That's true, but people were criticizing Gabe/EVOLVE because the talent didn't have anything to fight for; they thought that not having a title made the W/L system useless. I don't believe a plan was ever there to incorporate an EVOLVE title until people started riding Gabe which leads me to...

2. My original argument and the same Gargano used against Davis @ EVOLVE 17. Gargano is the top guy and holds DGUSA's top title, now if DGUSA/EVOLVE were still separate promotions then I wouldn't have had a problem with this but they merged both promotions together so there isn't a real need for it unless they'll use it to build someone new and have it exclusively defended on EVOLVE shows; which is what I am hoping they go for.

I for Matt Hardy (A Matt Hardy guy since '99):
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND