Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 10-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #7347 (permalink)
NearFall
Little Poppa Pump

NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill_ View Post
Some remarkable similarities with the end of WCW;

1) Not promoting PPV's, even in the run-in show
2) Going to three hours
3) Bringing in celebs for quick-fixes
4) Bringing in has-beens for quick fixes
5) Killing momentum of guys who are clearly over - Daniel Bryan was the most over behind Rock at WM. Fail.
That list is shockingly true. Especially the Daniel Bryan part. CM Punk at MITB 2011 or Rock whenever/wherever was the only pop/chants in the past 3 or so years, similar to the ones Bryan had for WEEKS after WrestleMania.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill_ View Post
I don't want to watch CM Punk. He doesn't look like a wrestler. His promos are annoying as fuck - and I don't mean good heat. Beyond that its not just a kids show now, its a show for dumb kids who need special attention in class.
"I don't want to watch CM Punk." Unfortunately, a lot of casuals have also adopted that mindset. I am not blaming Punk entirely for the ratings, but he is not helping like a champion should help. I put it down to two things really, personal charisma and presentation. Punk was never portrayed as being that charismatic good good guy when he was a face like Cena. He was more a Cena-lite. And the fact he never even main evented as a champion has cost them dearly. The audience don't care about Punk since he has been treated second best as champion.I never had the "look like a wrestler" opinion/argument, but I can understand where it comes from. As for his promos, I am feeling the same to be honest. The only good one he has had in weeks was with Vince McMahon. I waited for his promo work to evolve above just the respect stuff but nothing has happened. Hopefully they add more layers to his promos in the next few weeks. But I doubt it. Either Punk wins and we get respect stuff, or RyBack wins and we get "FEED ME MORE" and Respect stuff.

Thanks Punk

Quote:
Ryan Reeves ‏@Ryback22 2m
I call dibs on GTS, Pepsi Plunge and running knee in corner. I am sure Sheamus will take the rest.

Last edited by NearFall : 10-24-2012 at 08:07 AM.