Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 10-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #7344 (permalink)
The German Suplex
Learning to break kayfabe

The German Suplex should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsThe German Suplex should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsThe German Suplex should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: With the Raw rating being the worst in 15 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill_ View Post
Some remarkable similarities with the end of WCW;

1) Not promoting PPV's, even in the run-in show
2) Going to three hours
3) Bringing in celebs for quick-fixes
4) Bringing in has-beens for quick fixes
5) Killing momentum of guys who are clearly over - Daniel Bryan was the most over behind Rock at WM. Fail.
I see the similarities but the WWE now doesn't have the competition WCW had. TNA isn't big enough of a threat to put the WWE in danger, which basically means that mainstream wrestling/sports entertainment has to die completely to put WWE out of business.

As for point 5, while I agree that the "18 seconds" decision was terrible and a slap in the face for everyone that wanted to see DB at the "biggest stage of them all", Bryan's reaction grew enormously immediately after the match and probably was at an all time high the Raw after WM. So I think, per accident, they didn't kill his momentum and Bryan probably would be less prominent on Raw if this never happened.

Name: Charlie Kelly
Favorite food: Milk Steak (boiled over hard, served with a side of raw jelly beans)
Favorite hobby: Magnets
Dislikes: People's Knees

Quote: "Yeah well, you've never seen me once wash my testicles either but that doesn't mean I don't do it every Friday."