Wrestling Forum banner

Best TNA World Title run in history?

6K views 68 replies 62 participants last post by  horseman5 
#1 ·
Id have to say Bobby Roode, he was my favorite when in Beer Money...

#35 ·
My first thought goes to AJ Styles. He won the title in what is probably the best "feel good" moment in TNA history, successfully defended the title in a clean defense against Sting at BFG, retained against Joe and Daniels and then just Daniels in very good matches, had a classic match with Angle, and then when he turned heel, retained against Angle again, Joe, and D'Angelo Dinero. It was kind of like CM Punk's recent run, where he spent much of the reign as a face, and the end of it as a heel.

#38 ·
Honestly, I am going to say Roode. Long term heel reign. Good stuff. The only problem were some of the PPV finishes early on in the run (Draw against AJ in Iron Man, DQ against Hardy next month) but that was fixed later. It gave TNA a nice direction and it was refreshing not seeing a stable run the show and rather letting Roode carry the show as a singular heel and doing quite well at it.

#40 ·
Bobby Roode. I don't think Roode was quite there yet when they first put the title on him, there wasn't a lot of substance in his promos, he kept saying a lot of the same stuff like "I'm the It Factor of Professional Wrestling. Your World Heavywight Champion." He kind of faked it till he made it. But I guess from the London Impact taping he began having some fun and then he really came into his own from then on. It's been a phenomenal growth of Roode as a performer, and creative backed him. Roode is one of the best in TNA history. It's a shame that he doesn't get to perform in front of thousands every week, because he is that kind of performer that performs even better in front of a bigger crowd.

#46 ·
What about Angle's second TNA title run or 3rd if you count his Sacrifice win... He won it the Impact after BFG then held it all the way till Samoa Joe beat him at Lockdown. My votes for Bobby Roode but still this was a great one too.

Also if we are counting NWA I'd have to go with Christian's heel run with the belt. Pure entertainment and he had great matches too.

#48 ·
Wow. Everyone was hating Roode's run at the time because he kept getting himself dq'd every ppv. iWC ers were screaming how TNA was screwing the fans out of their hard earned money because of the dirty finishes. maybe it's the promos that are the run not the matches?

#50 ·
Roode. Absoloutely loved his run. I love Aries, but I was one of the few that wanted him to beat Aries and continue his reign all the way to BFG where he finally lost it to Storm. Obviously that didn't happen but I still enjoyed the hell out of his reign.

#54 ·
Sure, Bobby Rhoode's run was epic and tons of great things came out of it for the company, but for me it's gotta be Christian Cage's first World Title Reign.

When he won it the Impact Zone went ape shit, the emotion was intense, the crowd running into the ring to celebrate, Rhino coming in to hug Christian and hold him up as everyone rejoices. The celebration was epic, and it was just an absolutely great time to be a TNA fan.

Even though it wasn't the WWE, it truly felt like Christian was finally getting his due. The championship reign just had tons of meaning behind it. His promo on the impact after was also great, with his shoot on WWE telling him he didn't have what it took to become the WWE champion and all.

In terms of matches, storylines, and writing though, that would go to Bobby Rhoode's reign hands down. TNA just felt like it was going in the right direction after Rhoode won the title and became the longest champion in TNA history. Quality stuff all around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.