Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Post Your Picture Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #157 (permalink)
Elipses Corter
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.

Elipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth reading
Default Re: Post Your Picture Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra860 View Post
LMAO!!!! They're the biggest bandwagoners out there. Combined with the fact that they've been given the misnomer of "America's Team", a lot of people stick to the team despite not having any ties to the team. When the Cowboys suck, those Cowboys fans in the DMV area go in hiding.
What ties should you have with the team? Cowboys were "America's Team" in the 90s and suddenly because they've fallen from grace, it's expected for them to sever ties?

Thats not bandwagoning, thats being a true fan. Face it, Cowboys aren't winners but most fans I know from my age group, maintain that fandom based on the glory days. Severing those ties because the Cowboys have only made the post season 2 out of the past 5 years and showing allegiance to another team (especially division rivals the Redskins) is the biggest example of bandwagoning of all time.

The rule that you should support your local team is so fucking stupid. People usually become fans of certain teams based on childhood memories, family allegiance or something as simple as liking the jerseys or thinking the QB is hot. And as long as they maintain that fandom, nothing is bad about it.

Try living in southern West Virginia when Ahmad Bradshaw made it to the Super Bowl his rookie year and won. I didn't know a single Giants fan beforehand but if Bradshaw is having a good game, my Facebook is out of control with the AB44 dickriding. Thats bandwagoning.

But, this isn't the place to discuss sports so let's end it here. Don't want to keep taking this thread off topic.