Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Territory Era

View Single Post

Old 10-22-2012, 01:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rathburn_Sally
Learning to break kayfabe

Rathburn_Sally 101 - 250Rathburn_Sally 101 - 250
Default Re: The Territory Era

I already done alot of study and research on some of these territories over the years on youtube. I was born right before Wrestlemania 1 so I like catching up on stuff I missed before my time or was just too young at the time to care, NWA/WCW and WWF were my main shows that I watched as a kid growing up and occasionally would catch a rare Contenital Championship Wrestling show if I was in that area and the thing that always bugged me about them is their main title is called the NWA Southern Junior Heavyweight Title.

Alot of great talent came and worked in that area but I was always thought that word Junior being used as a name for your main title belt...kind of makes it sound so minor league. All these greats , fighting over the right to be the top junior dog? I know its something minor and kind of random but always thought it should of just been called the NWA Contential Heavyweight Title.