Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #7645 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Eddie/Tajiri vs WGTT from 5/22/03 on Smackdown. Up there as one of the best tags of the decade for me, and definitely something that I enjoy as much as Austin/HHH vs Benoit/Jericho. Its also twice as good as the heavily praised Benoit/Angle vs Mysterio/Edge No Mercy 2002 match.

Mysterio/Chavo from Great American Bash 2004 is the best WWE cruiserweight match ever, though Noble/Mysterio Velocity 2004 is damn close. Definitely should be talked about a lot more.

Benoit/Finlay Judgement Day 2006 is at worst a top 15 match in WWE history. Frontrunner for MOTY worldwide imo bar maybe 1 or 2 Danielson matches from ROH, Rey/Orton and Taker/Angle. Criminal that HBK/Vince is often considered a better MOTY candidate than this in some circles.

Rey/Orton Smackdown 2006 is a top 2 WHC title match ever since it was introduced in 2002, only below Taker/Angle from No Way Out.

Christian vs Swagger 2/24/09 from ECW, its better than HBK/Taker from WM 25 to me and is probably the WWE MOTY aside from possibly Punk/Hardy Loser Leaves Town on Smackdown.

There are tons of Lucha and Japan matches that people will never have heard of which are sensational and up there with the peak of US wrestling. The famous Cestra vs Cantazzaro masterpiece from France in the 1960s is also most likely the best match to have been hardly watched by wrestling fans.

Last edited by WOOLCOCK : 10-21-2012 at 05:22 PM.