Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #7634 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Only TNA match from 2005 that's a contender for MOTY is Styles/Joe from Turning Point. That being said its not better than either Eddie/Rey 6/23 Smackdown or Benoit/Regal Velocity 2005, been a while since I watched it but HHH/Batista strikes me as better as well. HHH/Flair Steel Cage, Hardy/Edge Unforgiven and another Rey/Eddie match would also be higher. Its definitely better than a lot of WWE matches from that year, but I'd probably have 5 WWE matches ahead of it at least.

Speaking of Hardy/Edge, their Summerslam 05 match is a contender for best sub 10 minute match in company history IMO. I remembered it being bloody but I watched it a couple of months back and was blown away by how good Edge's offence actually looked for once. Should have stuck to headbutting people square in the face and working a cut instead his indyriffic CAW offence. Hardy also throws some amazing punches and sells as well as anyone has ever sold blood loss in a WWE ring.

Last edited by WOOLCOCK : 10-21-2012 at 04:30 PM.