I found this an interesting read:
Japanese Fans Name The Fall Anime That They Dropped After One Episode
Now, you can debate whether or not it is fair to drop an anime series after just one episode, but pretty much everyone does it. In a new Biglobe Anime Ranking poll, almost seven thousand otaku named the fall 2012 anime series that they dropped after one episode.
1. To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness
6. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
8. Little Busters!
9. Busou Shinki
10. Medaka Box - Adnormal
11. Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai!
12. Hidamari Sketch × Honeycomb
13. Say, "I Love You".
14. My Little Monster
15. Hayate the Combat Butler - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
16. Bottom Biting Bug
17. From the New World
18. Blast of Tempest
19. The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
21. still watching everything after two episodes
22. Chō Soku Henkei Gyrozetter
23. Ixion Saga DT
24. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal II
25. Lychee Light Club DE
27. Hiiro no Kakera Chapter II
28. (tie) BTOOOM!
28. (tie) Cross Fight B-Daman eS
28. (tie) Bakuman 3
33. Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life
36. Kamisama Kiss
37. Girls & Panzer
38. Jormungand Perfect Order
So state your opinion guys, do you drop an anime after only 1 episode?
I tend to at least give it 2 or 3 episodes before I drop a show, that way it at least has a chance to redeem whatever bad impression I got from the start.