Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Official BTB Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #3334 (permalink)
Frakkles

Frakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friends
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

I know I haven't written a BTB pay-per-view, I have written several e-fed PPV's so I'd like to have some experience on the topic.

With a show like Royal Rumble, the matches are clearly more important. Segments are good but don't let them drag. Short to the point segments always work better in general but I'd specifically go with that for a Royal Rumble.

With the Rumble itself, try and keep the gaps between entrances the same as it keeps the match flowing well. For example, 200 words between entrances. I'd say it's fine to do a bit more description on big/important spots in the match but consistency is always key for matches where superstars are entering at consistent intervals and I actually find it's easier to keep a track of things if you try and keep to yourself to a limit. After the last guy enters, go wild with it.

Either way, Rumble is definitely a great show to be writing. Probably second only to a Mania. Best of luck with it.