Wrestling Forum banner

How Shitty is Dolph Ziggler's world title reign gonna be?

6K views 67 replies 59 participants last post by  High_King 
#1 ·
I FUCKING LOVE zigler, way better than sheamus, but I honestly seeing him having a terrible, short title reign unfortunately. Wwe has been dropping the ball with him lately.

How long you give his title reign? Im saying 2 months the most

#3 ·
Re: How Shitty is Dolph ziglers world title reign gonna be?

It's going to be the typical cowardly heel reign. Predictable and lazily booked. Maybe that'd change if they gave him an ounce of strong booking and maybe a slightly different gimmick, but a heel champion eating a Brogue kick every week isn't going to be compelling viewing.

#5 ·
It's going to be the typical cowardly heel reign. Predictable and lazily booked. Maybe that'd change if they gave him an ounce of strong booking and maybe a slightly different gimmick, but a heel champion eating a Brogue kick every week isn't going to be compelling viewing.

Agreed. It's a Shame their gonna waste his title reign

#9 ·

Would much prefer to see him in a high mid card role making the intercontinental title legit and interesting again. Every push these days seems to lead to the main event, how about pushing the mid card to be a good midcard.

#2 ·

I'm sure they're gonna pull an Edge and have him cash in on Sheamus after Sheamus got the shit beat out of him and then 3-4 weeks later Sheamus gets his revenge and wins the WHC back just like they did with Cena & Edge back in '06.

#12 ·

I'm sure they're gonna pull an Edge and have him cash in on Sheamus after Sheamus got the shit beat out of him and then 3-4 weeks later Sheamus gets his revenge and wins the WHC back just like they did with Cena & Edge back in '06.
Probably something like this.

#23 ·
He'll either hold it til Wrestlemania and lose in a quick match to Ryback like what happened with Daniel Bryan and Sheamus or he'll hold it for like a month and drop it right back to Sheamus. But regardless of how long it is, he will not be booked as anything more than a chicken shit fluke champion.

#24 ·
I'm giving him a month tops, sadly. I wouldn't be surprised at this point, since they bury him every week without fail, if he doesn't even win the Title or if he wins but ends up losing the next week ala Christian.

It's strange, since they gave him the briefcase, but they've never really given him a fair chance. He's not allowed to be creative at all, is given terrible material, no character progression, he loses EVERY FUCKING WEEK and is stuck with a manager that doesn't bring anything positive to the table at all. He has all the talent in the world but they seem determined to make it seem otherwise.

#25 ·
would love to see him hold the title quite some time, but as speculated this thread before...It probably wont be long reign 2 PPV`s is my guess. Cashes in at TLC will lost it at Elimination Chamber

#28 ·
Kamikaze™;12163106 said:
Such little faith in booking; understandable with WWE's track record. But Ziggler on his own has all of the tools needed to be this generations Shawn Michaels (Heel) and if the booking goes right then Ziggler is going to skyrocket, he just needed that backing.
The booking won't go right. It never fucking does unless you're one of Vince's handpicked guys; which Dolph obviously isn't otherwise he wouldn't lose twice a week.

#29 ·
His run with the Money in the Bank briefcase is the worst to date. Yes, even worse than Swagger's as that only lasted a couple of days. I have no idea what WWE is doing with him at this point. I don't know why Vickie is still around. I don't know why he still acts like a midcarder. I don't understand what they're doing at all. And while Ziggler's matches will always be entertaining, I can't see him undergoing some kind of dramatic metamorphosis of sorts the way Daniel Bryan did once he won the World Heavyweight Championship and WWE placed him in the unevniable spot of trying to grow into the role retroactively (which is what they ostensibly do with everyone now and it sucks). Ziggler has talent but I can't see him pulling that off. They would be so much better off slowly, smartly modifying his character and making it much more compelling.

The matches during his reign will probably be very impressive, but otherwise, they are setting him up for failure in just about every other way that counts.

#32 ·
Pretty shitty tbh. I said it the second he won it. Getting MITB these days means absolutely nothing. It takes you from being a midcarder to a glorified midcarder. What an achievement. They need to scrap it entirely and go back to building their stars/champions the proper way and the way that actually works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.