Wrestling Forum banner

JBL>cole period

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  LeapingLannyPoffo 
#1 ·
So I watched Smackdown, and notice JBL kept interrupting Josh the whole show, yet I didn't mind it. But when cole does it I cringe. So I was thinking wow JBL is better at being annoying than cole is. That goes to show you how horrible cole is. Does anyone else feel that way?

#3 ·
JBL better than Cole? You don't say...?

JBL actually has something to say when he opens his mouth to speak. Cole is just Vince's sock puppet.

#4 ·
I like how JBL throws relevant sports and entertainment references when suited to make WWE look less like a closed vacuum, but part of real life. He also tells Cole and Matthews, or whoever he's with to concentrate on the match if they start talking about other storylines, and he puts over the wrestlers in a believeable, not over the top way. To be honest, as I've written in posts before, its pretty clear that he has a lot of creative freedom, he is already set for life and probably only commentates for fun (so he doesn't get the filtering by Vince), which is admirable to say at least and it shows with his performance.

I think it's his veteran way of knowing how to put the product and the wrestlers over.

#5 ·
I disagree. Cole, when left to speak on his own and not being worked by creative ideas, is really good on the mic. The reason he has been with the WWE for so long, as a matter of fact. He got enough heat to get put into WM 27 against Lawler. I think JBL doesn't go directly off the the script or repeat what he is supposed to, and that's why he appears better than Cole.

#7 ·
I am mixed about JBL, he annoys the hell out of me when he argues with other announcers seemingly for the sake of arguing and ends up contradicting himself. Yes Cole did that too, but it worked for him because it fits his character, JBL should be more blunt and no bullshit styled.

He does seem to swing oon the Niz's nuts just as well as Cole though.

#10 ·
Way to state the obvious, dude.

In all seriousness, I agree though. I do like Cole - especially the way he's been acting at the table ever since the Jerry Lawler incident. But JBL has always shat on him in commentary.

But let's be real, JBL's commentary isn't as good as his commentary when he was on SmackDown back in 2006.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.