Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #7569 (permalink)
Hayley Seydoux
Déesse de L'extase

Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

[quote=Brye;12156880]I agree on '09. Smackdown & ECW were great and TED & CODY were getting time on Raw. Shame that didn't pan out for Ted (shut up McQueen & Cal ). 2008 is a really underrated year too, imo. Really solid Edge/Taker feud, ECW had Henry/Hardy going, Jeff/Trips awesome feud, Cena/Batista, PUNK and a great WM and build to it. And let's not forget Batista/HBK.QUOTE]

Orton vs Ted I in England

I still loved getting crap back then for thinking Cody was the better half of Legacy. Oh my how I was the only one who pegged that. CODY RHODES IS LEGIT. Ted is quality too, imo. Too bad he's been reduced down to jobber. Not to mention those injuries that plagued him all year till about NOC when he returned.

2008 had it's moments. RAW & ECW certainly outshined Smackdown for the majority of the year. Smackdown was SO bad for a good while. Not until the very end did it have some matches that made it worth seeing. (Taker/Show Cage, Jeff/HHH series, Shelton/Helms US Championship, believe Edge/Matt had a strong showing, Jeff/Show, etc.)

While you mentioned Punk for 2008, Brye, you forgot the best thing about that year: Jericho vs Michaels feud. Completely owned the rest of the year for anyone. Granted Taker/Edge was a damn good series of matches. PPVs delivered for that year. No Mercy 2008 being the tops. Excellent show.

@ Nostalgia: That's why I didn't mention RAW stuff overall for 2009. I mentioned everything else about the WWE being great. That was like Orton's best year too. So I don't agree w/that point.