Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #883 (permalink)
PunkSE316
Humbled

PunkSE316 is an after thoughtPunkSE316 is an after thought
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
What do the L.A. Riots have to do with Dre, Snoop or 2Pac?

When the L.A. Riots happened Snoop was pretty much a nobody in the rap game hadn't even dropped his first album, 2Pac was coming off his debut album and Dre hadn't even dropped The Chronic yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post
It's hard to take you seriously when you:
Keep bringing up Frank Ocean when he's not a rapper
Called Kendrick Lamar "decent"
Have a "weird bias" toward Drake and Lil Wayne
Think Hopsin is better than Lil Wayne from 05-08 in any way
Not acknowledging J.Cole or Big Krit or A$AP Rocky or Joey Bada$$ or any other new school rapper besides Hopsin

I was right with you a year ago. Fuck Lil Wayne fuck Drake fuck the mainstream Jay Z sold out! Etc, but I changed my views
Snoop wasn't as well known but he was on the tip of the West Coast Hip Hop movement. Dre didn't have the Chronic hit around that time but he was in this group with guys called Ice Cube, Eazy E, MC Ren...I think it was ummm N..W...umm, what was the last letter? Ah, you know the group. The same group thatw as the first one ever to address police brutality with a song called "Fuck the Police" and a plenty more.

2pac had songs like "Trapped" and "Young Black Male" which addressed the mentioned topics.

I'm not calling Ocean a "rapper" I'm mentioning that he is a part of a new music movement at the moment. He does have Hip Hop attached to him being apart of Odd Future. So calling Lamar "decent" is bad? Righto.

Hopsin has far better skill than Lil Wayne, are you like deaf or something..semi deaf at least?

I did somewhat acknowledge those rappers, in terms of them being a part of a new movement.

You changed your views? Really? That's a shame.