Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 4 (FINAL FOUR)

View Single Post

Old 10-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #118 (permalink)
NoGimmicksNeeded
Searching for a new identity

NoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a push
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 4 (FINAL FOUR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Me Against the World is the only Pac album that I consider great.

That due to the fact that Pac's other albums always felt like they had a lot of filler in them. That being said, you take Pac's best songs against Biggie's best songs and I'm taking Pac.
Yeah, but then he's got a much bigger discography, so there has to be more good songs for him to even be considered. Me Against The World is great but I don't really see it as being on a different level to say, Slim Shady/Marshall Mathers LPs. I like the album a whole lot but I'm not seeing it as a classic.

Take All Eyez On Me, for example. That's a double album and over half of it is basically average, IMO. It moved away from the social consciousness aspect that early Pac was about, and it was basically a party album. Everyone knows he put that much material out to get through the Death Row contract as quickly as possible. Yet you look on Sputnik, as a cursory glance, and it's averaging 4.1/5. Things like that could help you make an argument that the guy's overrated, just because his status in pop culture has pushed him to a level that musically, I don't feel he reached that often.

Pac was insanely talented and had some absolute classic songs, no-one is gonna deny that, but it's almost like his discography, even just the albums before his death, aren't properly examined. Yet people are more than willing to mark down Eminem, Cube, Nas, Jay Z, and many others because their non-classic albums aren't up to scratch. Obviously it all comes down to opinions but the argument that Pac is the best ever is a really difficult one to make, IMO, but I'd like it if someone could convince me otherwise.
NoGimmicksNeeded is offline   Reply With Quote