Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #1748 (permalink)
Rock316AE
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO

Rock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Gr3atOn3 View Post
u finally reply and now I can say that I am your successor and I want u t take me on in a promo
Sure, promo, passing the torch, all that man.

Rock's WM27 ovation was crazy, the GD is just a difficult stadium in terms of positioning. You could hear and see people going crazy but it doesn't do it justice. Although when Rock led 65k to chant anything he wanted on cue, you could hear them clearly. Alvarez said that Rock got by far the biggest reaction and the only thing close on the show was Taker/HHH's Tombstone spot(Starbuck can probably confirm it).

Quote:
Rock did a deal where he would say “WRESTLE!” and the people would chant “MANIA!” It was so awesome. He also did a “YABBA” and had the fans scream “DABBA!” as a way to mock Cena without having to say anything that GLAAD would pitch a fit about. This segment was pretty goddamn awesome and the place just went nuts for Rock, and believe me, watching 60,000 or so people going nuts for a pro-wrestler in 2011 is a pretty cool thing.
But as big as that was, I heard that his entrance ovation at WM28 was even bigger and when he pinned Cena, it was insanity. WWE took the greatest shot of all time during the entrance:

16:15

BTW, it's always comedy seeing WWE pretending out of the blue that Rock is "one of them" like writing "WWE's Rock" everytime he gets a big mainstream praise and accomplishment. When for years(and even now in a lot of their horrible lists and DVDs)they acted like he wasn't the biggest star they have ever had, tried to minimize his impact and let his contract expire because of Vince's obsession with Rock doing everything HE ever wanted to do. Like I said before, since Rock returned to save their business, WWE are living vicariously through Rock into a world that was Vince's dream since day one. Shameless.

Last edited by Rock316AE : 10-19-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Rock316AE is offline   Reply With Quote