Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #813 (permalink)
LBGetBack
Humbled

LBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missed
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra860 View Post
I don't really place a high priority on freestyling. Lil Wayne is one of the best at freestyling but his overall music is garbage. Of course, it should be a requirement to be an OK freestyler but as long as the music that you write down is great then that's what really matters.

In terms of lyrical content, Kanye is way above Dr. Dre. It's not even close.

What do you have against Kweli anyway? Sure he can get preachy at times but he's a great rapper with great lyrics.
Nothing. I like Kweli. Was just using him as an example of someone who "those types" would always prop up as the greatest rapper in the history of the world.

I like Kweli, Train of Thought is a classic album. Quality and Eardrum(bought that on day 1, even) are solid, and that free mixtape he put out with Madlib was really good too.

Not sure why you think I have a problem with him. He used to have a segment of annoying fans, no question. My problem was with them, not him. His problem as a rapper has never been lyrics or content.....it's his "trying to jam too many words/syllables into each line, which often just sounds awkward. There's a certain lack of rhythm to his flow and delivery.

Last edited by LBGetBack : 10-19-2012 at 02:11 PM.