Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #807 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 AM
A$AP'S CANADIAN CHRI$TMAS CAROL
MCMXCII

A$AP'S CANADIAN CHRI$TMAS CAROL's Avatar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif-N-Wessun View Post
A$AP's sound is what makes him stand out, b. Evolving is good, but taking what got you noticed n trashing it in favor of what every MMG member does? That aint evolving.
My point exactly.

The only way to survive commercially these days seems to be to giving in to making a song that the masses are making. 2 Chainz reinvented himself and became the it guy for verses. Suddenly every album has 2 Chainz on it. And it's not like I have anything against the guy personally but shit is overkill after a certain point.

A$AP falls with Kendrick and Cole to me because they all have a different sound, their own sound. I was listening to Kendrick's album last night and was blown away by not only how dope it was but how he stayed true to himself. That's why this was disappointing with A$AP. Best case scenario is he made the song so it can generate buzz and there's lots of good songs on the rest of the album. Worst case scenario is we have another rapper on a downward spiral towards the generic masses.

Quote:
[12-22, 00:17] XABI ALONSO'S WINNING CHRISTMAS SMILE
no one wants to talk about your dad getting his nipples sucked you freak

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome