Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 10-19-2012, 05:21 AM   #7125 (permalink)
DesolationRow
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being happy. -Robert Louis Stevenson

DesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselves
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Just about all of my casual friends cannot bear to watch all three hours of Raw. They tend to watch the middle hour more than anything else, from what I've heard and that seems to fit with what we're seeing in these viewership reports.

You could literally hear Jim Ross run out of energy about two hours and twenty or so minutes into Raw this week. Three hours is just... too... loooong...

What's funny is that based on my experience going to last week's Raw in Sacramento, the challenge for the crowd isn't that bad because they have arranged all of the week's "pre-show tapings" for Smackdown, with matches and promos for Saturday Morning Slam, Superstars and Main Event (have I missed any?) all compressed into a ninety-minute frame before they begin the Smackdown taping (which results in three and a half hours of a "live show" for the audience, roughly what Raw is with the one single dark match to warm up the crowd fifteen minutes or so before the show goes on the air and the "dark" overrun to the overrun on TV, whatever it happens to be).

But, to the viewing audience, three hours of program is just too much. It's rough.