Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-19-2012, 03:39 AM   #800 (permalink)
Olympus
Old School

Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AP View Post
Second ASAP single just leaked. Weak as hell.

2 Chainz? Drake? Really?

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/single...uckin-problems

This is the shit I was worried about. Weak ass mainstream beats with weakass guests verses from weak ass rappers like 2 Chainz.

Fuck this shit.
It's a change from what we heard from LiveLoveA$AP, but he's evolving like every good/great artist. Rocky and Lamar both had dope verses. Drake was tolerable and 2 Chainz as a hook man is fine by me. The hook is more or less used to make the song stick in your head and make it memorable. Doesn't really involve any lyrical ability, flow, wordplay, etc.

The beat was average, nothing crazy. Probably only better than 2-3, IF that, from LiveLoveA$AP. The great thing about this though is having two of the hottest rappers in the game, with Drake arguably being the hottest, shining some light on two great, up and coming artists who deserve a lot more attention like Rocky and Lamar. Will only do great things for them. This was dropped just in time for Lamar's album.

Edit - after reading your edit...

Why would you want a new album sounding anything like an old mixtape? Just listen to LiveLoveA$AP.

Last edited by Olympus : 10-19-2012 at 03:42 AM.