Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-19-2012, 02:11 AM   #796 (permalink)
Rocky Mark
HE'S FAT

Rocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missed
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
As far as rappers being fake goes, you can't just look at their music. Music is art, like movies. You don't watch Clerks and think Jason Mewes in real life is Jay from the movie. Sometimes when rappers say tough shit on a record they do it to sell and build an artistic image. Do you really think L actually snuffed Jesus? Hell no, it's horrorcore. It's art.

It's not like Drake is all of a sudden carrying tec-9s and and flashing red bandannas. Take his music for what it is. That said, I pick my spots when it comes to his music. Very selective.

Probably his best verse ever.
no sorry, hip hop is art sure, but it's not a movie business where you play a character, remember rap was made in the first place to express what's inside

rap at one point was considered the "Realest" genre of music because it was based on experience and true feelings

i'm not saying that if a rapper isn't a hardcore gangsta that means he's wack, you could make great stuff without faking

as for the L example, well that was just a metaphor he used, but he was still in it, he was legit and real as it come

I honestly believe fake rappers are the real sell-outs, so yeah, Drake is fake, the guy went from a retard on Degrassi to frontin' like a hardcore thug.. that just doesn't cut it from me, if you're fake your heart isn't in it and you're just in for the green, not that I care but i'm not gonna be fooled (lol a blood from Canada?)

his music is garbage imo, he's trying to hard to copy Wayne's style and his lyrics are abysmal