Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 4 (FINAL FOUR)

View Single Post

Old 10-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #87 (permalink)
LBGetBack
Humbled

LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 4 (FINAL FOUR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkSE316 View Post
Illmatic and It was Written are great albums but man, for a while there...Nas went through a weird type of slump because he was better then all the stuff that he was writing. Hip Hop was a pretty chaotic place back in 97 to 99 though.
Not all his fault. The original I Am...double album would've been an incredible album. Not his fault it got bootlegged heavily and the record label made him scrap a lot of songs, record new ones, etc. leaving us with a slightly disappointing I Am... and a very disappointing Nastradamus.

If you take all his best songs from 98-99, off of I Am..., Nastradamus, and what ended up on Lost Tapes, you would basically have the intended I Am... album.

He didn't really fall off at all in terms of what he actually recorded at that time.
LBGetBack is offline   Reply With Quote