• Other

Votes: 68 19.2%

Poll - Obama (D) vs Romney (R) - Vote

90K views 2K replies 207 participants last post by  JenksIX 
#1 · (Edited)
Obama (D) Gets my vote

See less See more
#830 · (Edited)
What a risky decision made by our GREAT PRESIDENT there. It's not like delaying aid to the victims of Sandy would have cost him the election or anything......

Not saying he made this decision because of the election, but to commend him for doing what is expected of him is a bit much.

#843 ·
im out to destroy your country and spying on you here was the logical place to start

i also take pride in the fact that i know quite a lot more than most yanks do about their own country. i find that rather amusing

now, if you continue to discriminate against me i'll have no choice but to report you

#848 ·
Researchers are now finding that for an increasing number of Americans, the idea of a Black man as commander in chief of the United States is unacceptable, and that could cost President Obama the presidency if minority, women and young voters don’t turn out on Election Day, experts said.

“I guess it shows you the underlying tenacity and strength of racism in America,” said Robert Smith, a political analyst who teaches at San Francisco State University.

A recent Associated Press poll showed that “51 percent of Americans now express explicit anti-Black attitudes, compared with 48 percent in a similar 2008 survey," according to a story on the research.

Some argue that anti-Obama sentiments are based on ideology and political belief, but that could not fully explain the level of acrimony and vitriol that has marked his opposition. Many have been unwilling to give the president credit for any of his accomplishments. After inheriting two wars, a $1.2 trillion deficit grown from a record budget surplus and a crumbling economy, the Obama administration has ended the war in Iraq, started the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan and killed Al Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden.

It also engineered groundbreaking legislation, such as never-before achieved universal health care coverage and equal pay for women and minorities. Through its efforts, the financial industry was stabilized, the auto industry saved, the housing market revived and unemployment decreased.

Throughout his first presidential campaign there was a dogged attempt to discredit Obama—questioning his citizenship, challenging his religious faith and cross-examining his educational achievements in an unprecedented way.

“There’s been an effort on the right, during his first election campaign and during his presidency, to ‘otherize’ Obama and to make him out as un-American,” Smith said.

That effort spawned the “birther” conspiracy—the theory that Obama was not born in the United States and is therefore neither a citizen nor a legitimate president. Despite considerable evidence, Obama-doubters remained convinced that the president is hiding something.

Media hog Donald Trump recently announced he would give $5 million to a charity of Obama’s choice if the president released his school application and records and his travel records.

"That's just code for saying [Obama] got into law school because he's black,” CBS News chief Washington correspondent Bob Schieffer said in response to Trump’s allegations back in April. “This is an ugly strain of racism that's running through this whole thing.”

And it’s an ugly strain that has permeated much of the anti-Obama zealotry the nation has seen over the past four years, sociopolitical experts say. Bumper stickers, posters and outright comments speak of that hate, from the lynching of empty chairs—Clint Eastwood’s symbol for Obama; deliberate withholding of the president’s title when referring to him; protest posters portraying the president as a fascist; Arizona radio host Barbara Espinosa calling the president a “monkey”; Ann Coulter’s calling him a “retard”; denigrations of First Lady Michelle Obama’s body, particularly her derriere; Internet and magazine photos depicting her as a militant “angry Black woman” and as a primate; and references to her as “Moochelle,” because of her perceived push to get Americans to “mooch” off the federal government.

“There has been a really substantial rise in, not just racism because that has existed all along, but the expression of racism,” said David Bositis, a senior analyst at the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, a Washington, D.C.-based think tank.

And, he said, such expressions have mostly emanated from the Republican Party, whose leaders have done little, or nothing, to quell them.

“[Republican candidate] Mitt Romney and his campaign and the Republican Party treat racist expressions with a wink and a nod because those people are their supporters,” Bositis said.

But then Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill have not been shy in their prejudicial treatment of the president. During Obama’s first “State of the Union” address, Rep. Joe Wilson screamed out “You lie!” in blatant disrespect. Republicans have employed legislative obstruction and a refusal to cooperate or compromise, holding the American people hostage to their stated goal of making Obama a one-term president.

The GOP has also used voter suppression in their effort to oust Obama.

“This is the biggest and most coordinated state legislative assault on the vote in more than 100 years,” said NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Jealous in a previous AFRO interview. “When you add it all up it is a very cynical strategy to control the outcome or at least unduly influence the outcome by who can vote and what ballots are cast.”

But those efforts could backfire, by spurring Black and other minority voters to rally behind the president.

“They see these racist attacks…and they find it repulsive,” said Bositis, who studies the Black electorate. “They know without words that these people hate Blacks, Latinos and other minorities…and just about everybody that’s not like them, and the reaction is, ‘I have to do my part to stop these people.’”
LOL haters.

#850 ·
It doesn't help that one of the most active posters here is a constantly changing gimmick poster.

#853 ·
I've been saying the same thing constantly for the last 35 pages. Only thing that changes is my avatar and sig. Nice try, son.

I'm starting to think that Romney might just end up winning this election. The enthusiasm among Democrats is lower than it was in 2008, and Obama's favor ability ratings among all groups are down from then as well. Then you you must factor in that Obama has lost some of the people who voted for him back in 2008, and he isn't going to gain any McCain voters from 2008 either.

Not to mention that Republicans are going to turn out on droves to vote Obama out, and the Independent voters are flocking towards Romney in droves as well.

If Obama loses the Independent vote by 15-20% like the polls are saying, I can't see how he wins the election.

#851 · (Edited)
But a jackass isnt exactly the best symbol

especially since by definition, it a contradiction. arent the dems in theory supposed to be the more progressive party? a jackass is stereotyped as stubborn. conservatives can be seen as focused on an old mindset, old fashioned conservative values. so a jackass might be more appropriate

#852 ·
But a jackass isnt exactly the best symbol

especially since by definition, it a contradiction. arent the dems in theory supposed to be the more progressive party? a jackass is stereotyped as stubborn
The Democrats during the Andrew Jackson era were completely different from the Democrats of today. Back then, the Republicans were the progressive party but then in the middle of the 20th century the roles began to switch.

#855 · (Edited)
Wouldn't shock me if Romney wins Pennsylvania. Found this post on a RON PAUL forum, and it was interesting.

I have some contacts in the state and what I am hearing is that internal polling shows Obama down by 10+ points in most, if not all areas of PA with the exception of Philadelphia. In 08, Philadelphia went 83% for Obama (595,000 votes). The key to Obama holding PA is going to be turnout in Philadelphia, which requires a lot of door to door work on election day by the Dem machine. GOTV is very much a hands-on process in inner city Philly. Essentially, Obama needs to come close to matching his 2008 vote total in Philly for the math to work in his favor. If say his turnout is reduced and he pulls 500,000 votes out of the city it is likely that he will lose the state. Now, as we know, the enthusiasm for Obama is not what it was in 08. So if the precinct captains walk a little slower, take more breaks, stop and chat with people longer, etc - any distractions will reduce their effectiveness and hurt Obama's chances.
FWIW the Ron Paul guys want Obama to win so Rand Paul can run in 2016, so I doubt they would lie about this.

ALSO- http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204846304578090820229096046.html

In addition to the data, the anecdotal and intangible evidence—from crowd sizes to each side's closing arguments—give the sense that the odds favor Mr. Romney. They do. My prediction: Sometime after the cock crows on the morning of Nov. 7, Mitt Romney will be declared America's 45th president. Let's call it 51%-48%, with Mr. Romney carrying at least 279 Electoral College votes, probably more.
Karl Rove, unlike DICK MORRIS, is better at predicting elections, and even predicted Obama's landslide victory, while MORRIS said McCain had a chance the day before. This article basically confirms what I posted earlier in the sense that less Democrats will show up than they did in 2008, and every aspect that led to Obama's victory is down by a significant margin.

#857 ·
Yeah, Obama basically needs the same exact number to vote for him in Philadelphia on Tuesday that voted for him in 2008, and I doubt that happens since across the board the enthusiasm for Obama is down. Plus, the polls have been saying for months that Pennsylvania is "likely Obama" so they might just stay home.

#859 ·
Found this comment funny in the comment section of that WSJ article I posted.

ANGER: Mitt Romney is a woman hating, baby seal clubbing, company killing Nazi vulture capitalist who wants nothing more than to give increased benefits to his billionaire friends while the middle class serfs row his yacht. No way anybody will vote for him. We've so got this in the bag.

DENIAL: There's no possible way Romney can win. Nate Silver and Intrade say so.

BARGAINING: OK, Romney may have won the first debate. And he looked OK in the 2nd and 3rd debates. And he actually looks like a President. And he's been over 50% in Gallup for the last ten polls. And his running mate actually knows what state he's in and give a complete speech without stepping dumping a "full load" on anybody. And we haven't got a prayer of taking back the House. But, if all else fails, just please, oh please, God let us hold the Senate and we'll still be OK.

DEPRESSION: OMG, Romney might actually win and with the Republicans controlling both the House and Senate. Time to start checking bus fares to Canada.
Democrats currently going through the five stages of grieve.

#861 ·
I don't think Ohio is safe for Obama, regardless of what the polls say.

Adrian Gray, who oversaw the Bush 2004 voter-contact operation and is now a policy analyst for a New York investment firm, makes the point that as of Tuesday, 530,813 Ohio Democrats had voted early or had requested or cast an absentee ballot. That's down 181,275 from four years ago. But 448,357 Ohio Republicans had voted early or had requested or cast an absentee ballot, up 75,858 from the last presidential election.

That 257,133-vote swing almost wipes out Mr. Obama's 2008 Ohio victory margin of 262,224. Since most observers expect Republicans to win Election Day turnout, these early vote numbers point toward a Romney victory in Ohio. They are also evidence that Scott Jennings, my former White House colleague and now Romney Ohio campaign director, was accurate when he told me that the Buckeye GOP effort is larger than the massive Bush 2004 get-out-the-vote operation.
The real wildcard here is Pennsylvania, which I mentioned above. If the turnout is down in Philadelphia (which it will be), then Romney could take the state, which would change everything.

#864 · (Edited)

i think its over Obama is going to win, i think.

50% of likely voters in Colorado support Obama, with 48% backing the former Massachusetts governor.

come on FL ,OH ,VA , Colorado ......

I THINK IT MAY BE OVER Obama is wining all over but in most he is just one point up so i dont know if he will get all that he is wining in now but right now Obama has 347 and all he needs is 270 so if he wins in all the one he is set to win in he still wins. Romney has one hell of a fight!

#867 ·
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg wrote in a surprise endorsement Thursday he was voting for President Barack Obama in the upcoming presidential election

Citing the storm, which left much of his city underwater and powerless, Bloomberg wrote in an op-ed on his website that "while the increase in extreme weather we have experienced in New York City and around the world may or may not be the result of [climate change], the risk that it might be – given this week's devastation – should compel all elected leaders to take immediate action."

Romney, Bloomberg wrote, is a "good and decent man" whose business experience would be a valuable asset in the White House, but his changes in positions have made the candidate a bad choice for president.

"In the past he has…taken sensible positions on immigration, illegal guns, abortion rights and health care. But he has reversed course on all of them, and is even running against the health-care model he signed into law in Massachusetts," Bloomberg, an independent who did not endorse a presidential candidate in 2008, wrote in his column.

"If the 1994 or 2003 version of Mitt Romney were running for president, I may well have voted for him because, like so many other independents, I have found the past four years to be, in a word, disappointing," the New York City mayor continued, pointing to what he regards as failures in Obama's jobs creation record and his approach to balancing the budget.

"Of course, neither candidate has specified what hard decisions he will make to get our economy back on track while also balancing the budget," Bloomberg concluded. "But in the end, what matters most isn't the shape of any particular proposal; it's the work that must be done to bring members of Congress together to achieve bipartisan solutions."

"If he listens to people on both sides of the aisle, and builds the trust of moderates, he can fulfill the hope he inspired four years ago and lead our country toward a better future for my children and yours. And that's why I will be voting for him," Bloomberg wrote.

In a statement, the president wrote he was "honored" to have secured Bloomberg's endorsement, saying "I deeply respect him for his leadership in business, philanthropy and government, and appreciate the extraordinary job he's doing right now, leading New York City through these difficult days."

"While we may not agree on every issue, Mayor Bloomberg and I agree on the most important issues of our time – that the key to a strong economy is investing in the skills and education of our people, that immigration reform is essential to an open and dynamic democracy, and that climate change is a threat to our children's future, and we owe it to them to do something about it," the president added.

In October, Bloomberg announced he was launching an "independent spending campaign" to moderate candidates in both parties during the final stretch of the election season.

The three-term mayor said he would spend eight figures on the campaign, billed as an effort to back candidates who "have shown a willingness to work in a bi-partisan fashion."

The expenditure represented Bloomberg's largest move yet to influence national races, and focused on candidates who want to crack down on illegal guns - an issue, like climate change, on which Bloomberg is highly vocal. Bloomberg has also made contributions to marriage equality referenda.

The mayor served his first two terms as a registered Republican, but ran for a third term as an independent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.