Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #735 (permalink)
LBGetBack
Humbled

LBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missed
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
Meth was an incredible pioneer of flow and really helped push it to the forefront of what was really important to an emcee's rap game. Red can't match him in that department.
Yes......Meth definitely brought something unique to the game. So did Red though, he was an obvious huge influence on rappers like Ludacris.

But Red's solo catalogue is way better. Pretty much every Meth solo album was a disappointment to some degree.

Even Tical, which I consider his good solo album.......as hot as he was at the time and as popular, with his talent, plus RZA.....the hype was crazy and he didn't fully produce. Ready to Die and Illmatic still get talked about, Tical barely does. And I think Dare Iz A Darkside goes down as the better album.

Plus Red was the star of Blackout, by any measurement. He owned that shit. Meth was good, but Red was better......pretty much always, IMO.

As for Liquid Swords 2.....as a rule, I pretty much HATE when rappers label albums _______ 2. Especially 15-20 years later. C'mon, it ain't no damn sequal. Like Jay-Z with all his Blueprint's. FOH.

Only time it worked was with Raekwon, that actually felt like somewhat of a sequal album. Not nearly as good, but it was at least a solid effort and not a whole different style/sound.

Last edited by LBGetBack : 10-18-2012 at 03:53 PM.